At a Glance
- Perfect for couples and families
- BBQ and picnic area
- Short breaks
- Traditional stone built cottages
- Ideal for exploring the Yorkshire Dales
- Ripon 5 miles
About these Holiday Cottages
Idyllically situated on a working farm around 5 miles north west of cathedral city Ripon and World Heritage Site Fountains Abbey, West Leas Farm Cottages near Galphay are five beautiful converted stone cottages. Perfect as a gateway into the Yorkshire Dales, North York Moors and Herriot Country, the cottages are available all year round for short breaks and holidays. Guests are welcome to explore the farm's many footpaths - we provide a map on arrival.
Pets are welcome at £2 per pet per day, and all cottages have space for a fold out bed (an additional £20 per stay) and cot if required.
Choose from our selection of six beautiful stone cottages sleeping 1 to 4, each brimming with period features including original oak beams, arched old barn doorways, external stone staircases and stable style doors. Traditional and homely, cottages include free WiFi, flatscreen TVs with Freeview, DVD, heating and electric, a well equipped kitchen with a microwave, fridge, oven and hob, patio areas and spectacular rural views. Additional extras in some cottages include dishwashers, and all have a shower room with some featuring baths.
Granary (Sleeps 1-2)
- Lounge/dining room with an LCD TV and Freeview channels, a DVD, radio/CD/cassette and WiFi.
- Well equipped kitchen with a kettle, electric oven, a microwave and a toaster.
- Spacious double bedroom with room for a Z bed or cot.
- Modern bathroom with white suite plus a shower unit (no bath).
- Courtyard parking to the front. A garden gate at the rear leads to open fields.
Archway (Sleeps 2-4)
- Entrance hall with a shoe rack and hanging space.
- Large lounge/ dining room featuring an oak beamed ceiling, a large flatscreen TV with Freeview channels and a DVD.
- Well equipped kitchen in oak with a microwave, a fridge, an electric fan oven and halogen hob, a dishwasher, kettle and toaster.
- Two bedrooms - 1 double and 1 twin with pretty exposed beams. Stunning floor windows are what was the arch of the old barn doors.
- Bathroom with a white suite featuring a bath with shower over and shaver point.
The Byre (Sleeps 2-4)
- Large lounge/ dining room with a 3 seater sofa and 2 chairs, a large flatscreen TV and DVD.
- Fitted modern kitchen with a microwave, an electric fan oven, a ceramic hob, a toaster, fridge and kettle.
- Two bedrooms - 1 double and 1 twin with stone features and exposed beams.
- Bathroom with walk-in shower, wc, wash basin and shaver point.
Milk House (Sleeps 1-2)
- Spacious lounge/ dining room with a 2 seater sofa and chairs, a flatscreen TV with Freeview channels and a DVD player.
- Modern fitted kitchen with a kettle, microwave, an electric fan oven, ceramic hob, a fridge and toaster.
- Twin bedroom with stone features.
- Bathroom with a walk in shower, wash basin, shaver point and wc.
- Double glazing and cosy oil fired central heating. WiFi enabled.
The Stable (Sleeps 1-2)
- Large lounge and dining room with a 2 seater sofa, a flatscreen TV with Freeview and DVD player.
- The modern kitchen includes an electric fan oven and ceramic hob, a fridge, toaster, microwave and a kettle.
- One twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with a shower unit, wash basin, shaver point and wc.
Top Cottage (Sleeps 1-3)
- This cottage is ideal for our less mobile guests featuring a downstairs walk-in shower room with wc, wash basin and shaver point.
- Spacious lounge/ dining room with a 2 seater settee, a reclining chair and a fixed single bed situated under an open plan staircase.
- Upstairs double bedroom and TV lounge.
- Double glazing and oil fired central heating included. The property is wireless enabled.
A BBQ is available on request and a shared lawned area is at the rear of the properties. Picnic benches can be found at various spots across the farm.
Other Things to Note
- A laundry service is available for a small extra £5 charge per laundry basket.
- Parking for one car is directly adjacent to each property, with additional parking available on nearby grass.
- All bedding and towels are included.
- Heating and electric are inclusive in booking price.
- A welcome pack is provided.
- Fine restaurants, real ale inns, tea rooms and takeaways are just one mile away in the villages of Galphay and Kirkby Malzeard.
Arrival is after 3pm and departure is by 10am unless otherwise arranged direct with us.
Dogs are welcome at £2 per pet per day. Please do not allow pets upstairs in properties or on furniture. Pets must not be left unattended in cottages.
Each cottage can also take an additional guest on a z bed for £20 per stay.