At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Royal Mile 20 min walk
- Period features
- Restaurants nearby
- Private front garden
- On-street parking
About this Apartment
Perfect for families, friends sharing or corporate groups, ground floor Gladstone is a spacious beautifully modernised Victorian apartment in Edinburgh sleeping 4/5. Accommodation is situated in the Marchmont area of the city, a short walk from attractions, shopping quarters and festival venues. The Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle and Princes Street are around a 20 to 30 minute walk away and an excellent selection of restaurants, cafes and take-aways are within a 5 to 10 minute walk. The apartment is also conveniently situated for universities, hospitals and the International Conference Centre. Amenities including an off-licence, newsagents, grocery shops and supermarkets are all within easy walking distance.
- Spacious living room with WiFi, 2 sofas, a dining table, coffee table, TV, video and original fireplace and a bay window overlooking a private front garden.
- Accommodation includes character period features, original fireplaces, cornicing, and wooden shutters on windows.
- Sanded pine flooring is also throughout the apartment.
- Fully fitted large modern kitchen with a fan oven and gas hob, a microwave, a fridge/freezer, a larder, dishwasher, a washing machine, tumble dryer and ironing facilities, a glass dining table with 4 chairs and window views out to the back garden.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two double bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a separate wc.
- Front bedroom with wooden shutters, bedside cabinets, a wardrobe and views of the front garden and Gladstone Terrace (this room has space for an extra single mattress if required - please request).
- Back bedroom with a double bed and views of the rear garden, 2 large mirrored wardrobes, wooden shutters, bedside cabinets and a chest of drawers.
- An additional single mattress in the living room or front bedroom can be provided on request to accommodate an extra fifth guest.
- Large bathroom containing a bath with a shower over, a shower cubicle powered by a separate mains water supply, a wash basin and a wc.
- Separate wc situated off the hallway.
Other Things to Note
- Gas central heating (combi boiler) and all utilities are included in the booking price.
- Metered roadside parking (Zone 7) is adjacent available during the day for up to 6 hours.
- Free WiFi.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Telephone for incoming calls only.
- Private garden at the front and a shared garden at the rear.
- Bed linen and towels supplied.
Short breaks, minimum 3 night stay (6 nights during peak season).
Long lets are available at discounted rates - please contact us direct for bookings of 3 weeks or longer for discounted rates.
As well as Gladstone Apartment sleeping 4 we also have second floor Roseneath Apartment sleeps 6.
The Marchmont area of Edinburgh is very well served by transport links with bus services nearby and a taxi rank located on Warrender Park Road.
Regular bus services run between Marchmont, Edinburgh International Airport and the city centre.
Visit our website for detailed directions. Metered on-street parking is adjacent (Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.30pm).