At a Glance
- Pets often stay free of charge
- Ideal for lakeside & fell walking
About this Holiday Cottage
Keswick is the perfect destination for a holiday to the Lake District with your dog with an abundance of fell walks, lakeside strolls and scenic boat rides to enjoy. The town's centre location makes visiting a host of famous attractions such as Bassenthwaite, Derwentwater, Skiddaw and Whinlatter Forest Park very easy. Guests will also find main nearby roads links which can take them to Penrith and Cockermouth for other scenic days out.
Key Features and Property Information
We offer a superb choice of accommodation ideal for exploring the northern Lake District including a delightful range of pet friendly cottages in and around Keswick. Many have their own gardens and some have other excellent facilities such as a wood burner stove or access to a games room. Visit our website to view our full portfolio which includes:
- Westies - a delightful four bedroom Victorian townhouse set just a short stroll from the village amenities. The accommodation is set over three floors and guests enjoy access to a furnished courtyard garden. Two well behaved pets are welcome by arrangement and the cottage can sleep up to eight people.
- The Hayloft - a beautiful mountain view cottage five miles from Keswick with wood burner stove, two bedrooms, a rear garden and fabulous walks right from the doorstep. One well behaved pet is welcome and the cottage can sleep up to four people. Bike storage facilities are also provided for cyclists.
- Kirklands - a superb four bedroom period property in the heart of Keswick with original features, a wood burner stove, outdoor space and Sky TV. Two well behaved dogs are accepted and the cottage is ideal for families or groups of up to nine people.
- Bramble Cottage - this beautiful three bedroom cottage is set four miles from Keswick and within easy reach of superb cycling trails in Whinlatter Forest. The property has lockable outdoor storage, a furnished front patio and wonderful mountain views. One well behaved pet is welcome and the cottage can sleep up to five people. It can also be booked with up to two of its neighbours to sleep a maximum of eleven people.
- Swallows Nest - a spacious converted barn offering beautiful mountain views and easy access to the shore of Bassenthwaite which can be found just a ten minute walk away. There are three bedrooms, an outdoor seating area, bike storage and parking. Families of up to four people are welcome and one well behaved dog is accepted.
Short breaks and last minute stays may often be available at certain times of the year. Please visit our website or contact us for further details.
Dogs are often welcome free of charge but please check for confirmation under the 'amenities' section of the information for your chosen property on our website.
Local Information for Dog Owners
- Keswick is a superb base for lakeside strolls around Bassenthwaite, Derwent Water and Thirlemere.
- Enjoy scenic walks including Castlerigg Stone Circle or explore Whinlatter Forest with a choice of challenging trails to choose from.
- Cruise across the lake on one of the guided tours or hire your own rowing boat on Derwentwater.
- Honister Slate Mine - dogs are welcome in the cafe, shop and public viewing area. They are not permitted to accompany visitors on paid activities but there are a limited number of kennels onsite.