At a Glance
- Walking/Activity Holidays
- Family & pet friendly cottages
About these Holiday Cottages
Book a short break or holiday in Keswick in the heart of the Northern Lake District and browse a superb collection of properties from Sykes Cottages. Amongst the selection are central Victorian terrace cottages close to shops, restaurants and Derwentwater, or choose a rural cottage retreat around Keswick in stunning areas like the Newlands Valley. A choice of walks are straight from your door into the Northern Fells or go 'osprey watching' around Bassenthwaite Lake and cycling in Whinlatter Forest.
Keswick is the perfect base for an activity break or simply for exploring the National Park. The town hosts regular festivals and events and features a bustling centre packed with great outdoor shops, cafes and inns. A short stroll from Keswick centre sees you on the shores of Derwentwater where you can pick up boat trips or see a theatre show at the acclaimed Theatre By The Lake.
Property Information and Key Features
Sykes Keswick cottages include a variety of properties in and around the town. Traditional Lakeland cottages with exposed beams, cosy woodburners and beautiful rural settings are numerous. Spacious cottages right in the centre of the town are also available, perfect for large family groups or friends sharing. Visit our website (link right) for our complete portfolio of cottages. Accommodation includes:-
- Rose Patch Cottage, Keswick. Sleeps 11. A spacious semi-detached cottage right in the heart of Keswick perfect for large family groups with WiFi included and a cot and highchair available. Living space is across 3 floors and includes a large sitting room leading into a separate dining room. The property has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms (2 are ensuites). The location is perfect, just a short stroll from the shores of Derwentwater. Facilities include parking permits, a fitted kitchen with a gas range cooker, a washer and dishwasher, Freeview TV and a gravelled terrace to the front with furniture.
- Westies, Keswick. Sleeps 8. A character stone-built Victorian townhouse only a short walk from Keswick centre. Beautifully furnished family friendly accommodation with living space across 3 floors including a sitting room, a dining area/ snug with fireplace and a master en-suite bedroom. The property has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The lake shore is only a 10 minute walk away. Two well trained dogs are welcome.
- The Hayloft, Newlands near Keswick and Braithwaite. Sleeps 4. A spectacularly situated first floor barn conversion on a working farm in the pretty Newlands Valley only 5 miles from Keswick. This romantic property has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a beautiful cottage garden, old beams and a cosy woodburner. A small garden and furnished patio is to the rear and one well trained pet is welcome.
- Randel, Bassenthwaite near Keswick. Sleeps 2. One of a selection of character cottages around a courtyard with a shared games room and children's play area onsite. Just 2 miles from the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake, this cute detached cottage was originally a farm byre and has wonderful views of the grounds towards the woods. A real romantic retreat, living space is light and airy with exposed beams, a double bed, a kitchen, dining and sitting area plus a separate shower room. Ideal for a couple, or book together with other onsite properties for larger groups.
- Dash, Bassenthwaite near Keswick. Sleeps 4. A character 2 bedroom cottage, semi-detached with fabulous views towards Skiddaw. This family friendly cottage has 2 bedrooms, a large living area with a kitchen and dining area and a cosy sitting room. Facilities include Freeview TV, a washer/ dryer and a dishwasher. Secure bike storage is available and guests have access to shared gardens and lawns, outdoor furniture, a BBQ and a play area. Two well trained dogs are welcome.
Short breaks are usually available in cottages. Visit our website for up-to-date information on availability and pricing.
Keswick is the main tourist centre in the Northern Lakes with walking tours, restaurants, inns, arts centre and a superb independent shopping scene. The town is just on the shores of Derwentwater so it's easy to access watersports and boat trips.
An internationally acclaimed programme of concerts, theatre, music and film is year round at Keswick's Theatre by the Lake and the town is also home to the independent Alhambra Theatre.
The Keswick area is a mecca for walkers with some of Lakeland's most popular walks like Catbells featuring in the area. Top attractions not to be missed include the Cumberland Pencil Museum and Mirehouse Historic House & Gardens around Bassenthwaite Lake.