At a Glance
- Beaches & boat trips nearby
- Perfect for families & couples
About these Holiday Cottages
The English Riviera's main resort, Torquay is Devon's favourite seaside holiday destination and Sykes Cottages offer a superb selection of holiday cottages in and around Torquay and Torbay. Featuring a spectacular harbour, a host of family attractions including the popular Living Coasts Aquarium and award-winning beaches, Torquay is a great choice for affordable family seaside holidays and for couples. Pick up boat trips from the harbour which is also a hub for many sailing events, or explore the South West Coast Path. Torquay is famed for its lively nightlife and contains many world class restaurants, bars, clubs and pubs.
Property Information and Key Features
Sykes Cottages offer an outstanding selection of cottages in the Torquay and Torbay area to suit all budgets and occupancy sizes. The choice includes modern fully equipped seaside bungalows with all ground floor accommodation, WiFi and off road parking or opt for a pretty terraced cottage around Torquay in other Torbay resorts like Brixham. Visit our website (link right) to view our complete portfolio of cottages which include the following properties:-
- Fowey Cottage, Torquay (Sleeps 4) - a modern seaside bungalow with all ground floor accommodation, situated in the pleasant Torquay area of Shiphay only around 2 miles from Torquay seafront. Accommodation includes a sitting room with comfortable leather sofas and a fully fitted kitchen with a washing machine. Two large bedrooms share a bathroom and the property has a sunny patio garden with outdoor furniture. Off road parking is available for 2 cars.
- Little Acre, Torquay (Sleeps 5) - a spacious semi-detached cottage, traditional in style and situated in the pretty Wellswood village area of Torquay. Stunning Anstey's Cove is nearby and shops and bistros are conveniently close by. A sitting room opens out into a sunny rear enclosed courtyard and a well equipped kitchen has a dining area and all essential appliances including a washing machine and a dishwasher. Freeview TV, WiFi and games are all included, and Little Acre has off road parking for 1 car.
- Sea Vista, Paignton (Sleeps 8) - a quality 4 bedroom holiday home with private balconies and amazing views towards Berry Head Lighthouse. This property sits in a peaceful spot near Paignton, offering easy access to all the Riviera resorts. Living space is across 3 floors and there is a private gated entrance. French doors lead out from sitting and dining rooms to decked areas, and a fully fitted kitchen includes a washer/dryer and dishwasher. Five TVs all have Freeview channels and WiFi is included. One well trained pet is welcome and off road parking is onsite for 2 cars.
- 3 Old Mill Court, Brixham (Sleeps 4) - a terraced cottage gem, this cottage is 1 of 4 properties spread around a modern courtyard. Living space is open plan with oak laminate flooring and 2 bedrooms plus a bathroom are on the first floor. Brixham harbour is just a 5 minute stroll away and the cottage beneftis from gas central heating, as well as a fully fitted kitchen with a fridge, freezer, dishwasher and a washing machine. Freeview TV is also available and off road parking is onsite for 1 car. To the front is a courtyard garden area with outdoor furniture provided. One well trained pet is welcome.
- Winterwood, Newton Abbot (Sleeps 8) - a large 3 storey house with ground floor open plan living space and a well equipped kitchen with a washing machine, tumble dryer and a fridge/freezer. The property also includes Freeview TV, WiFi and a projector. Off road parking is onsite for 1 car and a well trained pet is welcome. A shop and pub are only a 3 minute walk away, and this large cottage is ideally placed for exploring Torbay and Dartmoor.
Short breaks are usually available including for last minute breaks. Visit our website for up-to-date information on availability and pricing for each individual property.
Things to Do & See in Torquay
Famed for its fabulous warm climate and palm trees, Torquay is one of England's most popular seaside holidays and is the birthplace of world famous crime author Agatha Christie.
Torquay and Torbay's beaches are ideal for families and watersports. Many beaches are award-winners!
Sightseeing bus tours are a great introduction to the area, and the Torquay Land Train is a fun way to get around the resort.
Outdoor enthusiasts will find much to please with activities available ranging from diving, kayaking and coasteering to walking along the South West Coast Path. The Torbay coastline with its unique landscape is now a designated Geopark Coast.
Take a tour of historic Torre Abbey or explore the Kent Caverns attraction. Other popular attractions include Cockington village on the edge of Torquay, the ultimate English village, and coastal zoo Living Coasts.
Boat trips and watersports are widely available in the harbour area, and top all weather attractions include the Waves Leisure Pool at the Riviera Centre.