At a Glance
- Great for coast & country holidays
- Pets stay free in many properties
About these Holiday Cottages
The Gower Peninsula is one of the UK's top destinations for a dog friendly break and is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Situated just south of Swansea, the Peninsula's small area makes exploring both the stunning beaches and gently inland countryside very easy. Sykes Cottages offer a superb choice of accommodation across the Peninsula where dogs are welcome, often with no extra charges requested.
Property Information and Key Features
Our superb range of accommodation is situated in beautiful rural locations on the peninsula and within easy reach of the famous beaches. Visit our website to view our full selection and our portfolio includes:
- Corner Cottage - an attractive semi-detached property in Reynoldston with conservatory, enclosed courtyard and three bedrooms including a mezzanine twin. Guests will find wonderful beaches and scenic country walks closeby. Two well behaved dogs are welcome and the cottage can sleep up to six people.
- Rosedale Cottage - a charming single storey 1920's holiday chalet close to the dunes of Three Cliffs Bay near Swansea. Key features include an attractive courtyard garden, three bedrooms including a bunk bedroom, a wood burner stove and parking. The cottage is ideal for families of up to six people and two well behaved dogs are welcome.
- The Dairy - a contemporary single storey barn conversion set in a rural location 1.5 miles from Llanmorlais. Enjoy peaceful walks and cycle rides in the surrounding area and wonderful beaches are also situated just a short drive away. There are outdoor seating areas in the shared grounds and two well behaved dogs are welcome. Please note that pets must be kept under strict control in the grounds. The cottage can sleep four people.
- The Stall - a charming two bedroom barn conversion set on a working farm in a rural location on the Gower Peninsula. Two well behaved dogs are welcome and the property has a large patio to the front. The cottage boasts fine country views and gorgeous sandy beaches can be found closeby. Up to four guests are welcome.
Short breaks may often be available at our holiday cottages including for last minute stays. Please visit our website for further details on individual property information.
Dogs stay free of charge in many properties but please check under your chosen cottage's 'amenities' section for details of any possible fees.
Local Information for Dog Owners
- Dogs are allowed on the following beaches all year round - Mumbles, Three Cliffs, Crawley, Rhossili, Whiteford Sands, Pwll Du, Pobbles, Tor Bay, Oxwich, Broughton and Mewslade. They are also welcome on certain sections of Swansea Bay and Horton throughout the year. Please always check locally for any restrictions.
- Bishopston Valley Walk - a challenging four mile trail with limestone caves, underground rivers and ancient wood. The start of trail can be picked up in Kittle Green and it ends at the beautiful Pwll Du Beach.
- Rhossili Headland walk - a scenic 3.5 miles walk which takes in the beautiful bays and views of the terrain over Rhossili Beach.
- Southgate to Three Cliffs Bay walk - short walk of only one mile but one which boasts spectacular views over Gower and South Pembrokeshire including over the ruins of the early 12th century Pennard Castle.
- Clyne Gardens - situated just south along the coast from Swansea and close to Mumbles, this 19 hectare site is home to over 2000 varieties of plants, Britain's tallest Magnolia, extensive bog gardens and the gazebo.