At a Glance
- 1 & 2 bed cottages
- Sleep 2 & 4
- Steam railway views
- Pub 2 minute walk
- Private parking
- Free unlimited WiFi
About these Holiday Cottages
Steam railway enthusiasts and guests looking for that perfect North York Moors base will adore Grosmont House Holiday Cottages. These two charming properties, a one bedroom cottage sleeping 2 and a two bedroom cottage sleeping 4, sit very close to Grosmont station so you'll regularly see chuffing steam trains passing by. The cottages are just a short stroll from the Station Tavern, a village shop (which is the oldest co-op in the country), cafe/ tearooms and an art gallery. The beautiful North York Moors National Park surrounds you and Whitby and Robin Hoods Bay on the coast are a short drive or steam railway journey away.
Sir Nigel Gresley Cottage - Sleeps 4
- Character two bedroom cottage next to the steam railway station with all ground floor accommodation.
- Entrance into a kitchen/ diner with a fridge, freezer, an electric oven, gas hob and grill, a microwave, washing machine and a folding table/chairs.
- Lounge with a feature fireplace, a stone chimneypiece and a cosy open fire, a TV with Freeview channels and a DVD player.
- Hallway into bedrooms and the bathroom.
- Bathroom with a bath and shower over, wc and a wash basin.
- Bedroom 1 is a double with a wardrobe, a TV, a chest of drawers and a connecting door leading into bedroom 2.
- Bedroom 2 is accessible from the hallway or from bedroom 1. This bedroom is a twin with a chest of drawers, a TV and a wardrobe.
- Outside patio with seating and a large shared garden area.
- Private parking for 1 car is situated close to the property (note a fairly steep slope down).
George Stephenson Cottage - Sleeps 2
- A charming one bedroom cottage brimming with character features, situated next to Grosmont Station.
- Accommodation is all on the ground floor.
- Entrance into the hallway and a bathroom with a bath and shower over, wc and wash basin.
- Well equipped kitchen with a fridge, a freezer, an electric oven, grill and gas hob, a washing machine and a microwave.
- Lounge/ dining room with a stone fireplace, brick chimneypiece and open fire, a TV with Freeview and a DVD player, a table and chairs.
- Double bedroom with a dressing table, a TV and a double bed.
- Patio with seating and access to a large shared garden.
- Private parking for 1 car close by (note via a fairly steep slope down).
Other Things to Note
- Sorry no pets please.
- Each cottage has private parking for one car.
- Free unlimited WiFi internet access is available.
- Towels are provided.
- Please note - mobile phone reception can be variable.
- Cottages have cosy oil central heating and an open fire in the lounge. We provide start-up fuel for the fire.
Short breaks are available all year round. The two cottages sit next to each other and can be booked individually or together for larger groups.
Around and About
The nearest village pub is 0.1 mile and the village shop is 0.3 miles. Pick up steam railway rides at adjacent Grosmont station for the North Yorkshire Moors Railway and the Esk Valley Railway.
Numerous outdoor activity opportunities are available in the surrounding National Park including cycling, walking, fishing and pony trekking.
Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay and Scarborough on the coast are within easy driving distance, and York is just a short distance away.