At a Glance
- Family/ group retreat
- Free WiFi
- Beaches 7 miles
- Golf 4 miles
About this Holiday Cottage
Homildon House is one of two luxury traditional cottages set within 4 acre Spylaw Farm near Chatton village in North Northumberland. Sleeping six with two double and one twin bedroom, this charming cottage sits midway between Wooler and Holy Island on the coast and has stunning views across fields towards the crags at Bowden Doors. Homildon House is ideal for a family group or friends sharing, and features a brand new kitchen, free WiFi and a sunny south facing patio and walled garden. Numerous walks are direct from your door and attractions within easy reach include Chillingham Castle, Bamburgh Castle and Alnwick Castle. The property is available for short breaks and is open all year round.
- Spacious luxury 3 bedroom cottage sleeping 6+cot.
- Entrance hall with cupboard storage space for coats and boots.
- Living room and dining area with a TV, DVD, a radio/CD player and cosy woodburning stove (kindling and a plentiful supply of logs are included free of charge). French windows open out onto the south facing patio and walled garden.
- Brand new fitted kitchen with a fan oven, extractor hood, an induction hob, a fridge/freezer, a washer/dryer and a dishwasher.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two double bedrooms and one twin bedroom.
- One of the double bedrooms is on the ground floor with an adjacent bathroom.
- The second double is on the first floor with an ensuite shower.
- A twin bedroom is also upstairs and ideal for children.
The cottage has a sunny south facing patio with outdoor furniture and a BBQ, and a walled garden.
A paddock with a wooded area and picnic space is situated at the end of the garden, ideal for children's play.
Ample off road parking is onsite.
Facilities/ Further Information
- Fluffy soft towels, bed linen and a hair dryer are all provided.
- Electricity and heating are included in booking.
- Free WiFi internet access is available.
- Cycle storage and a drying room are onsite.
- Pets are welcome by prior arrangement.
- A highchair and stairgate can be provided on request.
Weekly bookings and short breaks (minimum 3 nights) welcome.
Around and About
Spylaw Farm is ideally placed for exploring the Northumberland National Park and the Heritage Coast. Beaches are within 7 miles and golf courses are within 4 miles.