At a Glance
- 3 luxury cottages - Sleep 2 & 4
- Shared hot tub (March to Oct)
- Stunning West Wight location
About these Holiday Cottages
Newclose Farm Holiday Cottages are three beautifully appointed cottages sleeping 2 to 4 in a stunning West Wight location on the outskirts of the seaside town of Yarmouth, the island's oldest town. The choice of ferry services includes a direct vehicle ferry service from Lymington on the mainland to Yarmouth - journey time is only around 35 minutes.
The Isle of Wight offers a wealth of activities and attractions. Explore over 500 miles of scenic footpaths and numerous cycling trails, visit historic Carisbrooke Castle and Osbourne House or take a tour of the Isle of Wight Zoo and the Botanical Gardens. Coast paths around West Wight offer spectacular walking opportunities and Freshwater Bay, Alum Bay with its famous coloured cliffs and Tennyson Down are all nearby.
The Old Barn (Sleeps 4)
- A high spec 2 bedroom stone barn conversion sleeping 4 on a peaceful West Wight Farm.
- Ideal for families with a private garden/ patio.
- Beautifully furnished throughout with character oak beams.
- Outside hot tub in a secluded spot shared between all 3 properties.
- Front entrance into a galleried open plan dining hall.
- The dining hall leads into a superb fully fitted modern kitchen with floor level LED lighting, ample worktops, a breakfast bar, and an integrated dishwasher and fridge/ freezer.
- Stylish lounge area with comfortable leather sofas, a 42" TV with Freeview and a Blu-ray DVD player.
- The dining room area has wonderful views of the garden through bi-fold doors that open back completely.
- Underfloor heating is across the first floor.
- Two spacious bedrooms with oak framed interiors are on the first floor and include a double bedroom with a king-size leather sleigh bed and a twin with two single sleigh style beds.
- A contemporary bathroom has a roll top bath and a separate shower.
- A welcome hamper is available on arrival packed with delicious local produce.
- The garden area has a table and chairs, plus a spacious shared courtyard is available with a BBQ area and a hot tub.
No.1 The Dairy (Sleeps 4)
- A converted Dairy cottage - perfect for a relaxing break and ideal for families. Sleeps 4.
- Situated on a peaceful West Wight farm.
- Private garden and terrace area, secure parking and outdoor hot tub shared between all 3 cottages.
- Light and airy living space throughout.
- Lounge area with leather sofas, a cosy woodburner, LCD TV with Freeview, a DVD and an iPod dock.
- WiFi internet access is also available.
- Open plan kitchen/dining area perfect for socialising.
- The kitchen is well equipped with a microwave, a 4 ring electric hob, a fridge/ freezer, washing machine and a microwave.
- Two bedrooms include a split level master bedroom with ample light and French doors out to a private terrace area.
- Second bedroom with bunk beds - ideal for children. This bedroom also has French doors leading outside plus an ensuite wash basin and wc.
- Main family bathroom with a bath/ shower.
- Bed linen and towels are included - please bring along your own beach towels.
- Off road parking for 2 cars.
- The private garden includes outdoor furniture and a BBQ.
- A cot and highchair are available on request.
- Shared hot tub (March until October, and over the Christmas period).
No.2 The Dairy (Sleeps 2)
- One bedroom cottage retreat perfect for couples.
- High spec interior and outdoor patio.
- Quiet farm location surrounded by beautiful West Wight countryside.
- Contemporary living room next to an open plan lounge and kitchen.
- French doors open out to the front.
- A well equipped kitchen has an electric oven with a 4 ring hob, a fridge/freezer, a washing machine and a microwave.
- Living area with an LCD TV with Freeview, a DVD and an iPod dock.
- WiFi internet access is available.
- The bedroom is on the other side of the lounge area and is a king-size double bedroom.
- Shower room adjacent to the bedroom.
- Patio doors lead out from the bedroom to the garden and the shared courtyard with BBQ area and hot tub (March to October, shared between all 3 properties).
- A welcome pack is available on arrival, packed with locally sourced produce.
- We include all fuel and power, bed linen and towels in the booking price (please bring along your own beach towels).
- Off road parking for 1 car is onsite.
- A cot and highchair is available on request.
- The garden area includes a BBQ and outdoor furniture.
Arrival is after 15:00 and departure is by 10:00. Later departure times may be available by request only - please contact us direct to discuss and let us know if you are likely to be very delayed. We usually greet guests and provide them with keys on arrival.
Around and About
The beautiful seaside town of Yarmouth in West Wight is only 2 hours south of London just off the South East English coast. Direct ferry services to Yarmouth run from Lynmouth.
Yarmouth has a bustling picture-postcard harbour and a choice of shops, restaurants and inns. The town also contains Henry VIII's castle with recreated 16th century rooms. Spectacular beaches are nearby at Freshwater Bay and Alum Bay, and numerous walking and cycling trails feature in the local area.