At a Glance
- Onsite stabling
- Pet Friendly
About The Old Stable Cottage
The Old Stable is a charming stone built cottage, 1 of 3 cottages at Longlands Farm near Haverfordwest in Pembrokeshire. Great beaches are nearby at Tenby, Newgale and Newport Sands and famous castles in the area including Pembroke, Carew and Manorbier are within easy reach. The cottage is set within stunning landscaped gardens and grounds with a duck pond and you'll find ample parking onsite.
Horses Welcome Establishment with the British Horse Society
Bring your own horse to Longlands Farm - we are now a 'Horse Welcome Establishment with the British Horse Society'. Rates are £130 per night per cottage for up to four sharing and £150 per night per cottage for up to five sharing. Stabling £12 per night per horse to include hay and straw. Out of season horse holidays are the best, before July and after August, you avoid horrible flies, have quieter beaches as we are in a very popular tourist area and cooler weather.
- Living space is across two floors and includes an open plan kitchen and lounge downstairs.
- Facilities include a Smart TV, DVD player and internet access.
- The fitted kitchen contains a microwave, an oven and hob, a toaster, fridge and all essential accessories.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom with 2 single beds.
- Bathroom with a wash basin, wc and a bath with shower over.
Extensive landscaped gardens surround the property with picnic benches available, free roaming chickens and a duck pond. A field with horses is adjacent.
Other Things to Note
- Towels and bed linen are included.
- Secure lock up for bikes, surfboards, fishing rods and saddles is available.
- Plenty of parking is onsite.
- Free WiFi internet access
- Shared laundry room.
- Pet friendly
Changeover day is usually a Saturday.
Around and About
Oakwood, Folly Farm and Heatherton are an easy distance away too. So is Manor Park Zoo, where Anna Ryder-Richardson has her animal conservation projects. You must also experience some of Pembrokeshire Coast National Park's amazing views or even visit the puffins on Skomer Island.
- From the East, follow the M4 to Pembrokeshire.
- Follow the A40 through Canaston Bridge Roundabout towards Haverfordwest. Pass Clerkenhill Adventure Park on your right at the top of the hill.
- Take the first right signposted Llysyfran Country Park and Wiston. Follow the road for about two miles and take the second left signposted Wiston (opposite a pretty cottage called Colby Moor Lane).
- You pass council houses on your right in the village of Wiston, the road then bears to the right for Clarbeston Road. You should now see the village pond on our left.
- NOW take the first turning right down a single track road, you will find your cottage at Longlands Farm about one mile down on the left hand side. Just drive in and we will be there to meet you.