At a Glance
- Sky TV & WiFi
- Cream tea on arrival
About this Holiday Cottage
Sleeping four guests in two spacious double bedrooms, Headmasters Cottage in Dulverton is the perfect base for exploring Exmoor National Park. This character Victorian cottage is a two minute stroll from Dulverton's choice of shops, restaurants, inns and tea rooms. A range of extras are available on arrival from a free bottle of Prosecco in the fridge to fresh flowers and a cream tea. The property sits in an elevated position and has stunning views across to Dulverton towards the village church and the Barle Valley beyond.
- The main entrance is to the side and leads into a spacious hall with ample room for storing coats and shoes.
- A second entrance is also the rear of the cottage, leading into a utility area perfect for storing outdoor clothing.
- The large sitting and dining room is to the front with bay window views of the church.
- Living room with Sky TV and modern comfortable seating.
- A breakfast room leads up a couple of steps to the modern galley kitchen.
- The kitchen is fully fitted with a fridge, a dishwasher, a freezer, microwave and an oven with a hob. Accessories including a kettle, toaster, a cafetiere and all essential utensils, cutlery, crockery and glasses are all provided.
- A washing machine and dryer are in the utility room.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two spacious upstairs bedrooms both have TVs.
- One bedroom is a king-size double and the other is a double.
- An upstairs bathroom has a bath with a shower over, a wc and a wash basin.
- Downstairs shower room with wc and wash basin.
A seating area is adjacent to the cottage and a large sloping garden space is to the rear which is shared with the owners and you are very welcome to enjoy. The garden has wonderful views of the cottage and Dulverton, and features a fish pond and seating area.
Parking for two cars is to the front.
Other Things to Note
- Electric and heating are inclusive in the booking price.
- Free WiFi internet access throughout the property and Sky TV in the sitting room.
- Free cream tea, bottle of Prosecco and fresh flowers on arrival.
- Towels and bed linen are provided. Please bring along your own beach towels.
- Essential cleaning materials including washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets are provided.
- Salt, pepper and toilet rooms are also included.
- The property has a hoover.
- Sorry no pets please.
- Note the approach to the cottage is a narrow 200 metre bridleway - guests with large vehicles are advised to negotiate this slowly and with care.
- Accommodation is strictly non-smoking throughout.
- Sorry strictly NO children please.
Arrival is from 4pm and departure by 10am. Changeover days are Fridays and Mondays. Short breaks are available.
Around and About
Traffic free walks are direct from your cottage door, and beautiful Exmoor National Park is just on your doorstep. Dulverton is one of Exmoor's main gateways. Cafes, tea rooms, inns, restaurants and shops are all within easy walking distance.