At a Glance
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Oban 13 miles
- Victorian house
- Views of Loch Etive
- Village shop/tearooms nearby
About Springbank Holiday House
A luxurious Victorian property, Springbank Holiday House sits at the foothills of Ben Crucachan elevated above the pretty village of Taynuilt near Oban. Village amenities including food shops, a post office, an excellent restaurant and tearooms are within easy walking distance. The house is perfect for large family groups and activity groups with spectacular walking and cycling opportunities right on your doorstep. A BBQ is included (the village has a great local butchers), and living space is luxuriously appointed throughout with stunning views across Taynuilt to Loch Etive.
- An impressive granite-built house elevated above the village of Taynuilt with spectacular loch and country views.
- Two sitting rooms both with views towards Taynuilt and Loch Etive. One sitting room has a cosy open fire, a flat-screen TV and DVD. Binoculars are provided to take full advantage of the views.
- Kitchen/ dining area with a brand new electric range cooker.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8, with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Two king-size double bedrooms and 2 twin bedrooms.
- One luxurious bathroom containing a freestanding roll top bath.
- Two shower rooms.
The property has beautiful mature gardens. (Guests should note gardens do slope away sharply so younger children will need supervision). Private parking for 3 cars is available onsite.
Facilities/ Further Information
- Internet access.
- Oil fired central heating.
- A barbecue is provided for BBQs on the lawn area.
- Accommodation is strictly non-smoking throughout.
- Highland cattle will occasionally graze in fields surrounding the property.
- Up to 2 pets are welcome for a small additional nightly supplement.
The house is not suitable for children under the age of 6 years.
Around and About
- Glen Nant nature reserve is around 1 mile from the property.
- Oban where you can pick up ferry services to Mull and Iona is only 13 miles away.
- The area around Taynuilt village, Loch Etive and Ben Curachan is a mecca for walking and cycling, or try kayaking on Loch Etive
- Taynuilt village centre with amenities including a post office, butchers, a general store, tearooms and restaurants is a short walk away.