At a Glance
- Double & family rooms
- River Spey adjacent
- Ideal for the Whiskey Trail
- Ample parking
- Golf course adjacent
- Aviemore 14 miles
About this Bed and Breakfast
Host Jean warmly welcomes guests to Craggan Cottage Bed and Breakfast at Grantown on Spey situated alongside the River Spey in the Cairngorms National Park. Ideally placed for the Whiskey Trail and only 14 miles north of Aviemore, the B&B is perfect for touring the Highlands and the North East of Scotland. Ample parking is onsite and outdoor seating is available for guests in the garden area.
A 14 hole golf course is adjacent to the B&B and Grantown on Spey Golf Club's 18 hole course, one of the finest golfing venues in the Cairngorms, is only a 5 minute drive away. The B&B's location alongside the River Spey makes it a popular choice with fishermen and the town has 8 tennis courts which are open to visitors. Your host Jean is also a member of the local bridge club, so keen bridge players are very welcome.
- We have 3/4 double letting rooms each with a wash basin.
- Two bathrooms with showers (not en-suite) are available.
- One spacious room, ideal for families, has a double bed and a single bed.
- All rooms have space for a cot.
A delicious breakfast is included in your stay.
- Outdoor seating is available in the attractive garden.
- Please do bring along your own food - guests are welcome to eat outside if they wish.
- We have ample parking space onsite.
- Sorry no pets please.
Quality accommodation is available at a great value rate starting from £25 per person, or £50 for a double room. Please do call direct for more information and to book.
Around and About
- Head off on local Castle and Malt Whiskey Trails.
- Take a tour of the Grantown Museum with onsite shop
- Ballindalloch Castle is just 13 miles from Grantown on Spey.
- Popular outdoor activity and skiing centre Aviemore is only 14 miles away.
- Speyside is a fishing paradise. The River Spey is directly adjacent to the B&B and well stocked fishing lochs are nearby.
- Premier golf courses surround us including Craggan Golf Course, Grantown on Spey Golf Club, Abernethy Golf Club and Carrbridge Golf Club.
- Stay with us during the Grantown Show annually in August.
- Local activities in the surrounding National Park range from rock climbing, off road mountain biking and hiking to canoeing, kayaking and mountaineering.