At a Glance
About this Holiday Cottage
A beautifully converted former threshing barn, West Barn at Sojourn North near Penrith is one of three luxury properties situated around peaceful Salutation Yard. Perfect for families and ideally placed for exploring the Lakes, North Pennines and the Eden Valley, this spacious holiday home blends period features with all modern comforts including WiFi internet access. Pets are welcome by prior arrangement and the property includes an enclosed furnished patio area and allocated parking for two cars.
- Spacious and stylish accommodation sleeping 6/7. (Ideally the property sleeps 4 adults plus 2/3 children and 1/2 cots.
- Ground floor access through the front door into a cosy hallway - hooks for coats provided.
- Stairs up to bedrooms and a bathroom.
- Second door into a downstairs shower room with shower unit, wc, cabinet and wash basin.
- Third door into the open plan kitchen, dining and living areas.
- Fully fitted kitchen with wall/floor units and ample worktop space, an electric oven and hob, extractor hood, integrated fridge-freezer, a dishwasher and a microwave oven.
- Under stairs cupboard with washing machine (access to a tumble dryer in the North Stables is available, shared with East Byre just across the yard).
- Dining area, double height space with lots of natural light, a table and seating for six - ideal for entertaining. (additional chair on request).
- Living area with 2 sofas, 2 armchairs, mock log effect fire and 2 foot stools with storage space containing board games. Wall-mounted TV, DVD, CD/ radio and an iPod dock.
- Double doors out to a self-contained patio space with outdoor table and chairs.
Bedrooms/ Bathroom (First Floor)
- Upstairs age old timbers and glazed galleried landing with views down to the dining area.
- Study area - light and bright with a desk and chair.
- Cupboard storage for laundry and cleaning materials.
- Bedroom 1 - with zip/ link beds - either a twin or super king with a dressing table, mirror, stool, chest of drawers, a TV, DVD, clock radio and a hairdyrer.
- Bathroom with wc, wash basin, wall cabinet, spacious shower unit and freestanding bath.
- Master king-size bedroom with a chest of drawers, dressing table, mirror, stool, TV, a clock radio, shaver adapter/ plug and a hairdryer. The master has space for a cot.
- Ground floor bedroom 3 with bunk beds, wardrobe, TV and DVD. (Trundle bed also available on request and space for a cot).
- Downstairs shower room with shower unit, wc, cabinet and wash basin.
Other Things to Note
- Secure additional storage is available in our North Stables building across the yard.
- Drying space with coat hooks and a boot rack, bike and equipment storage space and room for excess luggage/ clothing are all available.
- Allocated parking for 2 cars onsite.
- Pets are welcome by prior arrangement only - please contact us direct to discuss.
Changeover day is usually a Friday for weekly bookings. Short breaks (minimum 3 nights) are available.
Location/ Local Attractions
Easily accessed off the M6, spacious West Barn is just a stone's throw from the market town of Penrith with its choice of restaurants, inns and independent shops. Keswick and the North Lakes are just on our doorstep, and our nearest village, Skelton, is under 2 miles away.
Don't miss a steam railway ride on the nearby Settle Carlisle Railway and pick up boat trips on Lake Ullswater only 10.5 miles away. Our local village inn - The Dog and Gun - serving fine food and ales is only a 2 minute walk away.
Exit the M6 at Junction 41, continue west on the B5305 for about 2.8 miles. After Hutton in the Forest take a left turn at the Blencow/ Greystoke junction. Continue on this lane for around 1.7 miles. At the crossroads turn right for Skelton. Continue for 1.8 miles along the lane to Skelton village crossroads.
Straight on down the hill for 90 metres, passing Greystone House on the right (cream coloured house/ porth and an attached stone barn). You will see the entrance to Salutation Yard just on your right after the barn.
Turn right onto the driveway - stop in front of the black line. Please enter the code on the keypad located to the right of your vehicle. The gates will then open automatically towards you. Note they operate via a timber and sensor and close automatically when the way is clear.