At a Glance
- Themed B&B Apartments
- Sleep 2-6
- Walker/cyclist friendly
- Locally sourced breakfasts
- Sauna & hot tub
- Alton Towers 2 miles
- Gold Tourism Award
About Heywood Hall - Alton Towers Themed B&B
Heywood Hall just 2 miles from Alton Towers offers unique themed apartment style accommodation with breakfast ingredients included. Adults and children alike will adore our colourful themed accommodation featuring fairytale themed bedrooms and jungle, beach, Mediterranean and Tuscan themed rooms. Locally sourced breakfast ingredients are provided daily, with the flexibility to prepare your breakfasts when and just how you wish. Guests also have inclusive use of an onsite hot tub and sauna, perfect for relaxing in after a day touring the sights and scenes of Staffordshire.
We're a great base for visiting nearby Alton Towers theme park and our rural location on the edge of The Churnet Valley makes us ideal for walking and cycling breaks. Beautiful Staffordshire countryside, the Peak District, canals and the Potteries are within easy reach.
Themed Apartment Suites
Six flexible apartment suites are available sleeping from 2 to 6. Accommodation is spacious and modern, appointed to the highest standard with character themed bedrooms. Choose from romantic four poster apartments or our spacious double bedroomed apartments. Most of our family suites include 2 bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, a bathroom and a sitting area.
All apartments have kitchen areas, flat-screen TVs, DVDs and breakfast ingredients.
- Jennifer - sleeps up to 4 guests with 2 themed bedrooms including a jungle themed twin and a beach themed double bedroom. Ideal for families, small groups or couples, this apartment also has a large bathroom, a dining kitchen, a lounge area with TV, DVD and dining table, and a kitchen with a cooker/hob, a fridge/ freezer, microwave and a dishwasher.
- Sally - sleeps up to 4 guests with a Tuscan themed double bedroom and jungle themed twin bedroom. A spacious bathroom, separate shower and a kitchen/ dining area are also inclusive. Accommodation is flexible - ideal for couples or families.
- Rebecca - sleeps up to 3 guests with a spacious king-size bed and sofa bed in the lounge, plus an ensuite shower and open plan kitchen/ dining and lounge area.
- Victoria - sleeps up to 3 guests with 1 king-size bed plus a sofa bed in the lounge, an ensuite bathroom and open plan kitchen/ dining and lounge areas. The kitchen includes a cooker/ hob, a fridge/ freezer, microwave and a dishwasher. Victoria is ideal for a small family group or for couples.
- Sara-Jane - sleeps up to 5 with 2 spacious bedrooms and a sofa bed in the lounge. The king-size double has a shower room. Bedroom 2 is a spacious twin and a main bathroom is included. Kitchen/ dining room fully fitted with all self-catering essentials.
- Elizabeth - sleeps up to 6 guests with a fabulous large fairytale themed bedroom featuring a disco ball and coloured lights. This apartment is ideal for 2 adults and 4 children with a separate shower and separate kitchen/dining area. The lounge is comfortably furnished with a flat-screen TV and DVD. Accommodation is all on one level with no stairs, ideal for our guests with restricted mobility and for large family groups.
Each apartment includes a daily restock of locally sourced breakfast ingredients which are placed in fridges in apartments.
Other Facilities/ Information
- Relax in the hot tub which is great for couples.
- A sauna is also available - perfect for unwinding after a day out at Alton Towers.
- We have a separate area for drying clothing and equipment - ideal for walkers and cyclists.
- Our awards include a Staffordshire Environmental Quality Mark and an Enjoy Staffordshire Gold Tourism Award.
- A first aid kit is onsite.
- Outside wash off facilities for cleaning off muddy boots and equipment.
Short breaks, including 1 night stays, are welcome.
Around and About
- Alton Towers theme park is only 2 miles away.
- Heywood Hall is your perfect gateway into the Peak District - the Staffordshire Roaches and Moorlands are just on our doorstep.
- Explore local walking trails including the Limestone Way and Staffordshire Way.
- We have some stunning local walks - try the Denstone Village to Alton walk (about 3.5 hours).
- Surrounding villages offer a wide choice of fine inns serving food including The Tavern within walking distance.
- Take a ride on the Churnet Valley Steam Railway or head off on the Ceramic Trail around Stoke-on-Trent.
- Visit our website for more inspiration and great things to do in the local area.