At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Grade II Listed thatched cottage
- Newly refurbished
- WiFi throughout & parking
- Two patios
- Beach 1 mile/ pub nearby
About this Holiday Cottage
A Grade II Listed thatched cottage gem in Alcombe on the edge of Minehead, Little Haven is brimming with country cottage charm and character. A real hideaway cottage in 'old Alcombe', the cottage nestles on the edge of Exmoor National Park, at the foot of Grabbist hill. Recently refurbished and featuring beamed vaulted ceilings, the property sleeps four and has a fully enclosed garden with sunny patio areas and a BBQ. Up to two dogs are welcome for a small additional fee, and amenities including a village inn, a fish & chip bar and a co-operative mini store are all within easy walking distance.
- Access is through a stable door at the side, leading into a newly fitted kitchen.
- Kitchen with an electric oven and hob, microwave, a washer/ dryer, slimline dishwasher and a fridge.
- A freezer is located under the stairs in a cupboard.
- Spacious sitting and dining room downstairs with a cosy gas stove, Smart TV with Freeview channels, a DVD and a CD player.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two upstairs double bedrooms both with king-size beds and beamed vaulted ceilings.
- Downstairs bathroom containing a bath with shower over, wash basin and wc.
A private fully enclosed garden is to the side of the property, and a furnished very sunny patio area is located outside the kitchen, a perfect spot for al fresco drinks and dining.
Steps are up to a lawned area, and a couple more steps lead to a second patio area at the top of the garden with outdoor furniture and a kettle BBQ.
Secure lockable bike storage is available in a shed and outside taps with warm and cold water are to the rear of the property.
Facilities/ Further Information
- WiFi Internet access is throughout.
- Hairdryer and ironing facilities provided.
- Cot and high chair available - please request when booking.
- Electric, heating, bed linen and towels are all inclusive in booking.
- Please bring along your own beach towels and cot linen.
- Welcome starter pack including tea, coffee, milk, biscuits, cake, salt, pepper, herbs and essential cleaning materials including dishwasher tablets and washing up liquid.
- Non-smoking accommodation.
- Up to 2 dogs welcome for a supplement of £25.
Flexible start day. Short breaks are available off peak. Arrival is from 4pm and departure by 10am.
Around and About
- Stunning walks and mountain bike trails from your cottage door.
- Co-operative mini-supermarket (1/2 mile).
- The Britannia Inn serving excellent food and drink (1/4 mile).
- Minehead amenities including petrol stations, cafes, restaurants, banks and shops are a short drive away.
- Dunster village (2 miles).
- Minehead Beach (1 mile). Dogs are welcome on this beach from September to May, and on Dunster Beach all year round.