At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Original features
- Maximum 2 dogs welcome
- Stabling/ grazing onsite
- Village inn 2 miles
- Minehead 12 miles
About this Holiday Cottage
The Ballroom at Cutthorne Farm is a beautiful stone cottage conversion midway between Exford and Wheddon Cross. The farm has a heritage stretching back to the 14th century, and The Ballroom, which retains original features including a superb original oak floor, was a building once used for hunt balls. The cottage sits in a peaceful private deep valley and has fabulous views across the cobbled yard to the valley beyond. Traditional and modern features include a cosy open fire, WiFi internet access and digital TV. Living space and bedrooms are all on the first floor and have glorious views down the valley.
- Entrance is off the cobbled yard via a downstairs utility room which offers ample space for outdoor equipment, coat and boot storage.
- All other accommodation is upstairs on the first floor which was formerly the farm's original 17th century threshing barn.
- The sitting room has a cosy open fireplace, comfortable seating, a TV with Freeview channels, a DVD player and a DAB radio.
- French doors lead out from the dining area onto the enclosed terrace with a picnic bench.
- A modern kitchen is well equipped with a microwave, a gas oven/ hob, a fridge with freezer compartment, a toaster, kettle and all necessary kitchen accessories, pots, pans and utensils.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms.
- 1 king-size double bedroom and 1 twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with a bath and shower over, wc and a wash basin.
- An enclosed patio with outdoor seating is to the rear of the property - ideal for al fresco drinks and dining.
- Parking is adjacent on the cobbled yard, shared with adjoining cottage The Shippon.
Facilities/ Further Information
- Electric, heating, bed linen and towels are included (please bring along your own beach towels).
- Up to 2 dogs are welcome by prior arrangement for an additional supplement of £25.
- Stabling and grazing are onsite - guests are welcome to bring along their own horses by prior arrangement. We charge just £12 per night for your horse.
- The cottage is strictly non-smoking throughout.
- A starter basket of logs and some kindling are supplied for the open fire. Additional logs are available on request.
- The water supply to the cottage is from a natural spring.
- A welcome pack with all starter essentials is available on arrival including 2 toilet rolls, cleaning materials, tea/coffee, sugar, milk and biscuits, salt, pepper and some herbs/ spices.
- Guests are welcome to explore the farm's fields and grounds - a plan of which of our fields is occupied by livestock is available on arrival in the cottage.
- Accommodation is strictly non-smoking throughout.
- Ironing facilities and a hairdryer are provided.
Short breaks and weekly bookings are available. Arrival is from 4pm and departure by 10am.
Adjoining The Ballroom is the Shippon Cottage which also accommodates 4 guests.
Around and About
The Ballroom's location in the heart of Exmoor is perfect for exploring some of the National Park's most famous beauty spots and locations. Dunkery, Dulverton and Dunster Castle, Tarr Steps, Wimbleball Lake and many more attractions are within a 20 minute drive of the farm.
Minehead on the coast has a variety of shops, services and amenities, and is only around 12 miles away. The farm is approximately 2 miles from a village inn serving fine food and drink.