At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Electric & heating inclusive
- 2 dogs welcome (£25 supplement)
- Rural views towards duck pond
- Village pub 2 miles
- Stabling/grazing onsite
About this Holiday Cottage
The Shippon at Cutthorne Farm is a charming holiday cottage in the heart of Exmoor National Park, situated midway between Exford and Wheddon Cross. Dog friendly and with all modern comforts including WiFi internet access, the cottage has fabulous views across the cobbled yard and duck pond beyond. The stone building conversion (Shippon translates as 'cow shed') dates from the 14th century and sits in a delightfully peaceful spot in a deep valley. Scenic walks are direct from your cottage door, and Minehead on the coast is just a short drive away.
- Stone steps lead up from the cobbled courtyard to the cottage entrance.
- Spacious open plan living space includes a kitchen and sitting room featuring a stunning vaulted ceiling with original beams.
- A huge window from the sitting room affords views of the duck pond and surrounding farmland.
- The sitting room area has a TV with Freeview channels, a gas fired 'woodburning style' stove, a DVD player and DAB radio.
- A well equipped kitchen contains a fridge with a freezer compartment, a microwave, a gas oven/ hob, toaster, kettle and all necessary kitchen utensils, crockery and glasses.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two bedrooms - 1 king-size double and 1 twin bedroom
- The Hallway flanking the other side of the sitting room leads to a bathroon with a bath, wc and wash basin.
- Private garden located around 35 metres from the property for guest use only.
- Outdoor table and chairs provided.
- The garden has glorious views down the valley.
- Parking is directly adjacent, shared with adjoining cottage The Ballroom.
Facilities/ Additional Information
- Stabling and grazing are available onsite - guests are welcome to bring along their own horses.
- Electric, heating, bed linen and towels are all included. Please bring your own beach towels.
- Tea, coffee, sugar, milk and biscuits are available on arrival.
- Essential cleaning materials such as washing up liquid and washing power are supplied.
- Items including salt, pepper and some herbs/ spices are provided.
- Two toilet rolls are available.
- Ironing facilities and a hairdryer.
- Cosy central heating is throughout (the cottage has a biomass boiler).
- Accommodation is strictly non-smoking.
- Up to 2 dogs are welcome by prior arrangement for an additional supplement of £25 - please ensure your pet is supervised on the farm at all times as we have livestock, free range ducks and chickens onsite.
- Stabling and turnout facilities are also available on the farm for guests wishing to bring along their own horses by prior arrangement. Horses are charged at just £12 per night.
Arrival is from 4pm and departure is by 10am. The cottage is available for weekly bookings and short breaks.
The Shippon adjoins The Ballroom cottage which also sleeps 4 guests.
Around and About
Wheddon Cross is only about 2 miles from the farm and cottage, and contains a mini supermarket, Post Office, a petrol station and a village inn serving fine food and drink.
Minehead on the coast is around 12 miles away where you'll find a variety of shops, restaurants, amenities and services.