At a Glance
- 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms
- Two wings available separately or together
- Solar PV
- YouView TV & WiFi
- In a designated 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty'
- 2/3 dogs welcome
About this Luxury Holiday Cottage
Spacious Myrtle Cottage in Southgate on the Gower provides flexible luxury accommodation sleeping up to 14 guests, perfect for families and large groups. The luxury cottage is split into two wings - The Main House (Sleeps 8/9) and the Annex (Sleeps 5) - available to book individually or together for larger groups. The Annex links in to the Main House from the common outer hall.
Accommodation combined features two modern bathrooms, three en-suites and solar heated water. A spacious kitchen is perfect for entertaining and living space is homely with a cosy log burning stove and parking onsite for up to 5 cars. WiFi and YouView TV are both available in the Main House, and dogs are welcome. The Gower is a spectacular location with award-winning beaches and beautiful scenery.
Main House (Sleeps 8-9)
- The kitchen is well equipped with a range of appliances including a large fridge freezer, range cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer and an extendable dining table that can seat up to 12 people.
- All utensils, crockery and cutlery are also included for your convenience.
- The living area has YouView TV on a 32" Flat Screen TV, a DVD and video player, a cosy wood- burning stove, comfy sofas, armchairs and an oak floor with rugs.
- Conservatory with a plentiful supply of wicker seating and a large Thai lounger perfect for relaxing on.
- Stairs lead up to 4 bedrooms.
- Bedroom 1 - super kingsize/twin bedroom overlooking the garden with ziplink beds and an en-suite bathroom containing a power shower.
- Bedroom 2 - with two 3' divans (which convert into a 6' super kingsize bed) and a luxury en-suite bathroom with a power shower, wc, wash basin and a shaver point.
- Bedroom 3 (sleeps 3) with a 5' ziplink bed and a 2'6" divan with a luxury ensuite power shower.
- Bedroom 4 with a standard 4'6" double bed situated adjacent to the master bedroom.
- Downstairs bathroom containing a bath with a power shower, wc and a wash basin.
- A back door leads out through an enclosed carport to the front and rear gardens. A BBQ is stored inside a summerhouse.
- The Garden (accessible from the Conservatory) with a spacious patio and large lawned areas ideal for a game of croquet or badminton, a greenhouse, summerhouse, washing line, BBQ and a collection of chairs, loungers and tables.
The Annex (Sleeps 5)
- Open plan living and kitchen area.
- The living area has a cosy woodburner style gas fire, a brand new flat screen TV and a selection of books, videos and games.
- Newly refurbished kitchen with a new electric cooker and a gas hob, a kettle, toaster, well stocked kitchen units including all essential utensils, a microwave, sink and a table with seating for six.
- Inner Hall with a large well stocked bookcase featuring books and videos, a Bosch fridge/freezer and an additional table.
- Stairs lead up to two bedrooms.
- Bedroom 1 with a king-size 5' bed.
- Bedroom 2 with 2 bunk beds and a 3' divan.
- Spacious modern bathroom with a P-shaped bath and power shower over, a wash basin and wc, an airing cupboard, a gas boiler and a door leading out to a cosy balcony.
- Small garden outside to the front of the house.
Other Things to Note
WiFi access is available. Please be aware that once the Main House is booked, the Annex will not be let separately for the same dates without prior consultation.
Dogs and cats are welcome for an additional £25 each (2 maximum in the Main House and 1 pet in the Annex). Pets are not permitted upstairs, in bedrooms or on furniture.
Two cots and 3 highchairs together with other baby and toddler equipment is available.
All utilities and bedlinen are included in the booking price.
Please note that the property is let as a self-catering whole unit.
Short breaks of 3 or 4 nights are available, as well as week long stays - please contact us direct for the best prices, full availability and last minute special offers.
Around and About
The surrounding area of Gower is packed with fantastic activities and attractions, from popular walking and cycling routes, to sandy beaches, golf courses and quaint markets.
Within easy reach of the cottage are a number of attractions, such as Oystermouth Castle, Singleton Park, Swansea Marina, Gower Heritage Centre, Pennard Castle and the Dylan Thomas Centre.