At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- 18th century cottage
- Village centre location
- Sunny rear garden
- Saturday changeover
- Parking 200 metres
About this Holiday Cottage
An 18th century 4 Star property sleeping 5, Middle Cottage sits in the centre of Middleham village a short stroll from the castle, cobbled village square and amenities. Surrounded by beautiful Wensleydale countryside and the perfect gateway into the Yorkshire Dales, Middle Cottage is easily accessed off the A1 motorway and within easy driving distance of Whitby and Scarborough on the coast. Dogs are permitted and the property has its own private paved garden with outdoor furniture and a barbecue.
Inside (Ground Floor)
- Ground floor living room with 2 comfortable sofas seating 5 guests, a flat-screen TV with DVD and a CD player.
- Kitchen and utility areas on the ground floor with access out to the rear garden.
- Facilities in the kitchen include an Everhot range cooker, fridge freezer, microwave, washing machine and a dishwasher.
- Open plan dining area within the living area on the ground floor featuring a table and chairs for 5 guests.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms (First Floor)
- Master bedroom with a king-size bed, drawers and a wardrobe.
- Bedroom 2 - a double with a wardrobe.
- Bedroom 3 - a bunk bedroom with a chest of drawers (suitable for children under 10 years).
- Bathroom with a bath and a separate walk-in shower cubicle.
- Paved private garden spread across different levels with an outdoor table, chairs and a BBQ.
- Parking is available just 200 metres from the cottage in the village square area.
Saturday changeover. Weekly bookings (7 night stays) only.
Around and About
- Middleham Castle, the childhood home of Richard III, is within walking distance.
- Located in the village centre, the cottage is an ideal base for The Dales Festival of Food and Drink held annually in June.
- Middleham is famously the home of the north's premier racehorse training centre - you'll often see racehorses trotting past the village square!
- The Yorkshire Dales National Park is just on your doorstep.