At a Glance
- 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
- Stunning interior
- Parking for 6 cars
- Enclosed lawned garden
- Spa/leisure facilities
- Private chef/waiter option
About this Holiday Cottage
A luxurious six bedroom property near Whitby and Sandsend, The Lake House has the real 'wow factor' and sleeps up to 12 guests, perfect for extended family groups, friends sharing and celebratory parties. This exceptional house has played host to a range of guests from TV and pop artists to couples seeking a 'grand pad' and large family group gatherings. Optional use of luxury spa leisure facilities (including a dog spa) and the use of a private chef and butler are available. The house also has fabulous views of the estate's lake and beautiful surrounding woodland.
Whitby with its historic harbour, cliff top abbey and choice of fine restaurants, inns and shops is within easy reach and one of the area's most stunning beaches - Sandsend Beach - is within easy walking distance. Whitby West Cliff beaches are only just over 1 mile away.
- First floor living room with vaulted beams, a fireplace and integrated open plan dining area.
- Facilities include 4 large sofas and 2 armchairs seating 12 guests, a 40" flat-screen TV with Blu-ray DVD, CD and iPod dock.
- Ground floor kitchen/utility area with access out onto the terrace, a stunning farmhouse style breakfast bar with seating for 6 guests, an AGA cooker, double electric oven, a fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, a microwave and a 20" flat-screen TV.
- Open plan first floor dining area with living space featuring a table and chairs seating up to 12 guests.
- Optional waiter and chef hire available.
6 Bedrooms / 4 Bathrooms
- Master bedroom on the first floor with zip and link beds (twin or king-size double as preferred), access out to the balcony with lake views, drawers and a built-in wardrobe, 20" flatscreen TV and en-suite facilities.
- Bedroom 2 - a first floor double with integrated drawers and wardrobe, en-suite facilities and a 20" flat-screen TV.
- Bedroom 3 - a second floor double with a 20" flat-screen TV, free-standing wardrobe, drawers and en-suite facilities.
- Bedroom 4 - second floor twin or king-size double with zip and link beds, 20" flat-screen TV, a free-standing wardrobe, dresser and drawers.
- Bedroom 5 - second floor bedroom with zip and link beds - either a twin or king-size double, with a 20" flat-screen TV, cosy lounge area, a free-standing wardrobe, drawers and dressing table.
- Bedroom 6 - a twin or a king-size double on the second floor with zip and link beds, free-standing wardrobe, drawers, dressing table and a 20" flat-screen TV.
- Main family bathroom on the second floor with a bath, wet room style shower and a separate wc.
- Bathroom 2 - en-suite to the Master Bedroom with a walk-in shower and adjacent his/hers wash basins.
- Bathroom 3 - en-suite to Bedroom 2, a walk-in shower unit.
- Bathroom 4 - en-suite to Bedroom 3 with a walk-in shower cubicle.
Outside/ Additional Facilities
- Private fully enclosed lawned garden.
- Terrace, patio heater, outdoor table and chairs, and a BBQ.
- Spectacular views towards the estate's lake and surrounding woodland.
- Optional use of luxury spa and leisure facilities (chargeable) which include a pamper pooch dog spa!
- Parking for 6 cars onsite.
Short breaks, minimum 3 nights, available.
Around and About
- The Lake House sits within the magnificent Raithwaite Estate between Sandsend and Whitby.
- The estate offers a wealth of indoor and outdoor pursuites including onsite woodland walks and luxury spa/leisure facilities.