At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- 1 downstairs cloakroom
- Local walking, cycling & riding
- Green Tourism Silver Award
- 1 of 4 luxury cottages
- Short breaks (min 3 nights)
About The Shippon Cottage
A beautifully restored Pennine barn on the Lancashire and Yorkshire border, The Shippon at Bacup near Hebden Bridge is one of four original slate and stone properties at Parrock Lumb Cottages, available to book individually or together for larger groups. Spectacular Pennine Lancashire Moorland surrounds you offering a wealth of cycling, walking and horse riding opportunities. Popular West Yorkshire market towns and tourist attractions including Hebden Bridge and Bronte village Haworth are within easy reach.
Featuring an ultra modern interior including open plan living space, a luxury fully fitted kitchen and three stunning bedrooms, The Shippon accommodates up to six guests (5 adults and 1 child). The property has fabulous views from both floors and is perfect for families or friends sharing, with short breaks available - ideal for festive getaways and activity short breaks.
- The Shippon is a spacious end cottage with stunning views.
- Ground floor open plan contemporary living space.
- Sitting room with three stylish leather sofas and TV.
- Dining area with seating for six guests.
- Adjoining luxury modern kitchen, fully fitted with a double oven and full hob, a dishwasher, microwave, ample storage and a tall fridge/ freezer. (A washer-dryer is in the downstairs cloakroom).
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Three first floor bedrooms.
- Master king-size double bedroom with en-suite power shower featuring a wash basin and wc.
- Twin bedroom with full sized twin beds and a Juliet balcony with Pennine Moorland views.
- Single bedroom with full sized single bed plus a fold-away bed perfect for 1 child.
- Main fully fitted upstairs bathroom with a bath and shower.
- Convenient downstairs cloakroom with a wash basin, wc and a washer-dryer.
Other Things to Note
- Heating and constant hot water are included
- Cosy underfloor heating.
- Beds are fully made up, ready for arrival, with freshly laundered linen, hypoallergenic duvets and pillows.
- Towels are provided for all six guests.
- Tea towels, oven gloves and starter cleaning essentials provided.
- We also supply a starter pack of tea, coffee, fruit teas, fresh milk and sugar on arrival.
- Children are warmly welcomed.
- The cottage is non-smoking throughout.
- Parrock Lumb Cottages are award-winners with a Silver Green Tourism Award and we're former finalists in the Lancashire Tourism Awards.
The Shippon (Sleeps 6) is one of four cottages. Our other cottages include The Lodge (Sleeps 4), Parrock Lumb Farm (Sleeps 6) and The Dairy (Sleeps 6). All four cottages can be booked individually or together for large groups and family gatherings. Book direct online, or please do contact us for more information on rates and availability.
Minimum stay of 3 nights and price discounts are available for lower occupancy. We have no seasonal increases and our price policy is the same throughout the year.
Check-in is 4pm to 9pm - early check-in is available by request. Check-out is by 10.30am. Late check-out is available by request.
Around and About
- Spectacularly situated in Pennine Moorland on the Lancashire/Yorkshire border.
- We're only a short drive from Hebden Bridge with its choice of restaurants, cafes, quirky shops and an independent cinema.
- Bronte village Haworth is nearby.
- Walking, cycling and horse riding are available in the surrounding Rossendale Valley countryside which features numerous footpaths and bridleways.
- Striking local sculptures - The Halo in Haslingden and The Singing Ringing Tree near Burnley.
- The Pennine Bridleway is right on our doorstep.
- Visit nearby attractions including the Helmshore Textile Museum, The Astronomy Centre, Rossendale Ski Slope and The East Lancashire Railway.
- Designer discount shopping is at nearby Boundary Mill in Colne.
By car, follow the A681 (Todmorden Road) to Bacup centre. Ascend out of Bacup centre for 1.2 miles, past The Crown pub located on the right side of the road, continuing on past the Flowers Inn also on the right hand side.
At Sharneyford, you will see the school located on the left hand side along with a small row of terraced properties. The lane leading to Parrock Lumb Cottages is on your left located between two stone houses. A cattle grid is at the entrance.
Follow the lane and the first cottage you arrive at is The Lodge on the left. Continue on and you will see our other 3 cottages including The Shippon plus the main courtyard. Welcome, you've arrived at Parrock Lumb Cottages.