At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Ground floor wheelchair access
- 1 of 4 luxury cottages
- Green Tourism Silver Award
- Romantic/honeymoon retreat
- Short breaks (min 3 nights)
About The Lodge
A beautifully restored south west facing cottage, The Lodge sleeping 4 at Parrock Lumb Cottages in Bacup is surrounded by the spectacular Lancashire and Yorkshire Pennines with far reaching views down to the Rossendale Valley. An accessible property with a ground floor bedroom and an adapted wet room, The Lodge is ideal for couples, families and friends sharing - discounts are offered for under occupancy and short breaks, minimum 3 nights, are available.
The bustling market town of Hebden Bridge with its many fine inns, shops and restaurants is just a 20 minute drive away and Bronte village Haworth is within easy reach. The local area offers a wealth of walking, cycling and horse riding opportunities, and local attractions range from famous textile museums to charming steam railways and an outdoor ski slope.
- Fully adapted ground floor living space with wheelchair access.
- Ground floor open plan kitchen, dining and living areas.
- Sitting area with a wall-mounted 40" TV, leather sofa and great views through full height windows.
- Fully fitted kitchen with a lowered oven and ceramic hob, a fridge freezer, essential pots and accessories and height adjustable sink.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Access through oak double sliding doors to the master ground floor bedroom with 5 foot divan on a legged base with the option of hoist access.
- Glass staircase upstairs with seamless glass plus stainless steel handrail.
- Bedroom 2 - a spacious luxury king-size double perfect for couples with oak doors.
- Adjoining bathroom with a bath and shower over, wc and wash basin.
- Ramped access to the front and rear doors, featuring seamless glass walls and stainless steel handrails.
- Wetroom with ample space for a wheelchair or zimmer plus dual shower outlet for sitting or standing.
- Full hoist system in the bedroom supporting up to 20 stone.
- Ground floor bedroom with a divan on a legged base facilitating hoist access.
- Kitchen with lowered oven and height adjustable sink.
- Doors which open externally facilitating wheelchair access to the ground floor.
- Wheelchair users can get up close to the full height corner glass window in the living area.
- Assistance dogs welcome by prior arrangement (£25 per week or part week).
Short breaks, minimum 3 nights are offered and discounts are available for under occupancy - the property is a perfect romantic or honeymoon retreat for two.
Book The Lodge individually for up to 4 guests or in conjunction with our other 3 cottages - The Dairy (sleeps 6), Parrock Lumb Farm (sleeps 6) and The Shippon (sleeps 6) - to accommodate larger groups.
Around and About
A wide choice of activities, attractions and famous tourist locations are in the local area. The Lodge is only a few minutes' drive from Hebden Bridge and Bronte Country. The Pennine Bridleway is nearby and attractions easily reached include the Helmshore Mills Textile Museum, Rossendale Ski Slope and The East Lancashire Railway. Pick up bargains on designer clothing at Boundary Mill Stores in Colne or head off on brilliant days out in the market towns of Clitheroe and Skipton.
- By car, follow the A681 (Todmorden Road) to Bacup centre. Travel up hill out of Bacup centre for 1.2 miles, passing The Crown pub located on the right side of the road, continuing on past the Flowers Inn also on the right hand side.
- At Sharneyford, you will see the school located on the left hand side along with a small row of terraced properties. The lane leading to Parrock Lumb Cottages is on your left located between two stone houses.
- A cattle grid is at the entrance. Follow the lane and the first cottage you arrive at is The Lodge on the left. Continue on and you will see our other 3 cottages including The Shippon plus the main courtyard. Welcome, you've arrived at Parrock Lumb Cottages.