At a Glance
- Luxury lodges - sleep 2 & 4
- Inverness 20 min drive
- Onsite tea room
- Set within 30 acres
- Activity break/ family getaway
- Romantic retreat
About Bearnock Country Centre Log Cabins
Bearnock Country Centre Log Cabins are two luxury 5 Star standard self-catering cabins near Loch Ness, just a 20 minute drive from Highlands capital Inverness. Onsite facilities include our cosy Tea Room serving food all day including hearty breakfasts and tasty suppers. A perfect activity break and surrounded by 30 acres of stunning rugged upland landscape, these Loch Ness Cabins are the ultimate rural retreats only a short distance from Glen Urquhart Forest with its many waymarked walking and cycling trails. Activities easily accessed locally include fishing, pony trekking, golf, hiking and skiing in season at Aonach Mhor in the Fort William area and at nearby Aviemore in the Cairngorms.
The two lodges sit in an elevated secluded position adjacent to silver birch woodland and a burbling burn. Both have panoramic views towards the Suidhe Ghuirmain peaks and glen. Wildlife in the area includes an abundance of roe deer and stags, buzzards, red squirrels, grouse and pheasants. The surrounding 30 acres of wild upland is home to Highland cows and Blackface sheep.
Black Grouse Lodge - Sleeps 2
- Luxury one bedroom timber lodge - a real retreat for two.
- Cosy all year round with exposed beams and full central heating.
- Vestible area with ample storage for outdoor clothing and shoes.
- Open plan sitting/ dining areas with fabulous views through French doors out to a decked veranda.
- Sitting room area with original artwork on display, a vaulted ceiling, timber flooring with rugs, a cream leather suite, cherry-red curtains and blinds, comfy cushions, flat-screen TV, DVD and CD player plus a solid oak dresser containing a collection of DVDs and board games.
- Dining area with feature modern chandellier over a solid oak dining table and chairs - the perfect ambience for romantic dining.
- The living and dining areas have stunning views towards the glen.
- Galley style fully fitted kitchen with an oven and hob, a fridge/ freezer, a washer/ dryer and quality kitchen accessories including gauge stainless steel cookware and Denby crockery.
- Spacious four poster double bedroom in a contemporary style, located at the rear of the cabin with views of the silver birch wood. Beautifully styled with bright throws and cushions designed by a local textile designer. Fine Egyptian cotton bed linen and real feather down duvets and pillows are inclusive.
- Luxury shower room containing a pristine white suite, Italian tiling and a state-of-the-art shower/ steam cubicle, wc, wash basin, soft fluffy towels and stylish modern chrome fittings.
- Covered decked veranda attractively enclosed with timber railings. Outdoor furniture is provided.
Capercaille Lodge - Sleeps 4
- Luxurious two bedroom timber log cabin, elevated with views of the surrounding rural farmland.
- Cosy and warm all year round with full central heating and exposed beams.
- Vestibule area with space for outdoor equipment storage.
- Accommodation is appointed to a very high standard throughout, inclusive of a galley kitchen, 2 bedrooms, a large shower room and open plan living and dining areas.
- Sitting room with a vaulted ceiling, timber flooring, feature fireplace, original artwork on display, a flat-screen TV, DVD and CD player plus an oak dresser with a collection of board games and DVDs provided. Cherry-red leather suite with olive-green curtains, cushions and blinds.
- French doors lead out from the sitting room area to the decked veranda with enclosed timber railings ideal for families with children. Outdoor furniture is provided.
- Dining room with solid oak table and chairs for 4 guests. Views look across to the glen.
- Fully fitted galley style kitchen with bright, colourful units, an oven and hob, washer/ dryer, a fridge/ freezer and premier accessories including Denby crockery, quality glassware and cutlery and heavy gauge stainless steel cookware.
- Master bedroom - situated at the rear with views of the woodland, containing a stunning modern four poster double bed, Highlands artwork and throws/ cushions designed by a local textiles designer. Fine white Egyptian cotton bed linen and feather/ down duvets and pillows are inclusive. Bedroom furnishings are stylish throughout.
- Bedroom 2 - a beautifully appointed bunk bedroom with adult sized bunk beds featuring comfy pocket sprung mattresses, and also with feather/ down duvets and pillows, Egyptian cotton linen, Highlands artwork and stylish furnishings.
- Family sized contemporary shower room with white suite including a state-of-the-art shower and steam cubicle, wash basin, wc, chrome fittings and fluffy soft white towels.
Bearnock Country Tea Room
Freshly cooked food, tea and coffee are served all day in the centre's onsite tea room. Enjoy a hearty cooked breakfast guaranteed to set you up for the day, or relax with morning coffee and cakes. Delicious lunchtime meals, afternoon tea and suppers are all served in the cafe which is open daily from 8am to 8pm during peak season.
Changeover day for weekly bookings is a Saturday and short breaks are available including 1 night stays.
Around and About
- The city of Inverness famed for its floral displays and red sandstone castle is just 20 minutes away and contains a wide choice of restaurants, inns, museums, cinemas, theatres and more. A good starting point is the Tourist Information Centre on Bridge Street.
- Take a tour of the nearby Culloden Battlefield with brand new visitor centre.
- Head off into Glen Urquhart Forest with its choice of walking and cycling trails.
- Loch Ness, boat trips, lochside walks and villages are within easy reach.
- Activities in the area are extensive ranging from golf and fishing to hiking and pony trekking.
Travelling by car from Inverness, take the A82 signed for Fort William, and take a right onto the A831. On arrival at Drumnadrochit continue following signs for Cannich. The log cabins are around 6 miles after the Cannich turn off.
Visitors coming from Fort William, take the A82, and take a left at the A831. On arrival at Drumnadrochit continue following signs for Cannich, and as above.
Trains run direct to Inverness from a wide choice of cities in the UK. Alternatively fly direct to Inverness Airport, and pick up bus or taxi services to Bearnock Country Centre from the city centre.