At a Glance
- Fantastic walking/cycling from your doorstep
- Panoramic Views as featured on ITV's Britain's Favourite View
- Woodland & streams
- Pub & restaurant 1 mile
- Outdoor hot tub with the best view in Yorkshire
- Luxury super king-size bed
- Patio & garden
- Private balcony
- The Times top 50 places for a break!
- Traditional stone walls
- Wildflower meadow
- Cosy woodburner
About Lovely Seat
A 4 Star Gold award cottage style apartment in the Upper Swaledale area of the Yorkshire Dales, Lovely Seat at Swaledale Country Holidays has spectacular views from its private balcony - one of Yorkshire's best views as featured on ITV's Britain's Favourite View. Accommodating two guests and up to two well-behaved dogs too, Lovely Seat is a real romantic retreat for couples, and one of two self-contained cottage style apartments at Swaledale House, elevated on a hillside in the tiny hamlet of Angram. Apartments are surrounded by a magical landscape of waterfalls, meadows and Dales dry stone walls and barns.
The pretty village of Muker with its fabulous Farmers Arms pub, tea rooms, quirky shops and a craft gallery is just 2 miles away and the bustling market town of Hawes is a mere 6 miles from the cottage. Nearby Keld just 1 mile away has a great pub and Thwaite (also 1 mile away) has a hotel/ restaurant. Swaledale Country Holidays regularly features in the National Press and has been named one of The Times newspaper's top 50 places for a break! Guests have inclusive use of our onsite Leisure Suite including an outdoor hot tub with amazing views and an infra red sauna. Don't forget your binoculars - our little corner of the Yorkshire Dales is rich in wildlife!
- A cottage style apartment with the highest quality furnishings throughout.
- Living space inclusive of an entrance hall, lounge and kitchen.
- Lounge with a cosy woodburning stove and open stone walling, flat-screen TV, DVD, CD, radio.
- Kitchen/diner with a microwave, fridge freezer, a dishwasher, oven and ceramic hob.
- Private balcony with magnificent panoramic views across Upper Swaledale, equipped with patio table and chairs.
- Fabulous super king-size bedroom featuring a luxury mattress.
- Bathroom with a bath and shower over.
- Cottage garden with 5 acre wildflower meadow, streams, a small woodland area and bluebell dell. Patio furniture is provided.
Facilities/ Leisure Suite
- Your stay includes use of our Leisure Suite with a luxury outdoor hot tub and indoor infra red sauna.
- Booking system available to reserve private use of the sauna and hot tub at no extra charge.
- Ample secure storage space is available onsite for bikes, motorcycles and walking equipment.
- Pay phone.
- Utility area with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Fuel (including logs and kindling for the woodburner), superior quality bed linen and towels are all included in booking price.
- Free WiFi.
- Non-smoking throughout.
- Starter self-catering essentials - washing up liquid, tea towels, toilet rolls etc. provided.
- Up to two medium sized well trained dogs are welcome. (dogs are charged at £5 per dog per night).
- Cosy Lovely Seat is baby friendly - we'll happily provide a travel cot, steriliser and highchair on request.
- Please note - the cottage has stairs and there is a drop in the garden making the property unsuitable for toddlers.
Hearing Loss Friendly
- Swaledale Country Holidays has been awarded the 'Sounds Good Charter Mark' from Access Solutions. A portable 'Deafgard' (battery operated Fire and Wake-up alarm) is available. All TVs in properties also have subtitles.
Changeover day is usually a Friday or Monday and short breaks are available.
Book Lovely Seat individually or in conjunction with Kisdon to accommodate up to four guests - perfect for families, friends sharing or two couples, yet still offering your own privacy with separate self-contained accommodation.
Lovely Seat is great for socialising, featuring a dining area with seating for four.
Special to Swaledale Country Holidays
We're the perfect Yorkshire Dales spot to 'pop the question' or for year round romantic breaks. Relax with champagne in the outdoor hot tub with the best view in Yorkshire or under the stars by night. An indoor infra-red sauna, shower/ changing cubicle and ample storage for outdoor equipment are all on site and Swaledale Country Holidays are ideally placed within one mile of the Yorkshire Tour De France route, so perfect for keen cyclists!
Looking for that unique honeymoon or mini moon escape or a great venue for a celebration, birthday or anniversary? Swaledale Country Holidays is a superb choice, particularly sister apartment to Lovely Seat, Kisdon which has an ornate four poster bed. Here in the heart of Swaledale with no street lights the dark skies and star gazing are amazing!
Local Attractions & Things to Do
- Swaledale and neighbouring Wensleydale were favourite areas of famous vet James Herriot and are a paradise for outdoor activity lovers - a wealth of walking and cycling opportunities sit right on your doorstep.
- The Kisdon Hill circular walk is one of the Ramblers' top 50 walks in the UK and the 'Cote de Buttertubs' - the famous landmark of the 2014 Tour de France is just down the road.
- You'll only be a mile from two pubs/restaurants and two miles from a shop.
- We are only two miles from the picture postcard village of Muker - famous for its wildflower meadows - with its pub, shops, craft gallery and tea room. The Farmers Arms in Muker were finalists in Yorkshire's Favourite Pub and featured in the popular ITV The Dales Programme.
- The lovely market town of Hawes is only six miles away where you can visit the famous Wensleydale Creamery, the Dales Countryside Museum, the Ropery and Gayle Mill which featured on TV's Restoration Programme.
- Join us for the celebrated annual Swaledale Festival in May - two weeks of fabulous art, music and walking events.
- Walkers' Paradise - we're ideally close to the Coast to Coast Trail and the Pennine Way.
- Birdwatching in the area is outstanding - swallows and snipe nest here each year. Rare Mistle Thrushes are also resident in the area!