About this Property
Y Rhosyn Holiday Cottage enjoys spectacular countryside views. Ideal for walking Mid Wales it is set in a wildlife haven, on a site of special scientific interest and with a nearby nature reserve this is the perfect location to relax and enjoy the countryside or to explore Offa’s Dyke and the Borderlands.
Achieving the highest standards of sustainability the cottage is a Green Tourism Gold Award Winner and this fits perfectly with the area and abundance of wildlife. Recent sightings from the cottage include a family of Otters and amazingly the young pups wandering up the riverbank and badgers.
Sun room – Superb panoramic views across the Teme Valley. There are large patio doors leading out onto a balcony making it the perfect spot to relax and watch the wildlife or just enjoy the scenery. The room benefits from under floor heating, VHS player with a selection of children’s and wildlife programmes to watch.
Lounge – Perfect for relaxing in front on the fire the comfy cottage style lounge has a TV, DVD and a large collection of books and local information that guests are welcome to enjoy. The lounge has a 2 seater sofa and 2 high back chairs, wood burner with some logs provided.
Kitchen - Fully equipped kitchen with electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, slow cooker, and toaster. Many cooking essentials and also cookery books available.
Double bedroom - A pretty blue room with old fashioned handmade patchwork quilt covering a standard double bed. Two bedside cabinets with drawers and tall bedside lamps. Double wardrobe, chair and chest of drawers with overhead large wall mirror. Carpeted throughout with added rugs for barefoot comfort. Overlooks sheep field and Beacon Hill.
Twin Bedroom -Gentle pink room with two 3’ single beds, bedside lamps, a bedside table and chair. Chest of drawers with overhead mirror and table lamp. Carpeted throughout with added rugs for bedside comfort. Overlooks sheep field and Beacon hill
Bathroom - White bathroom suite with overhead electric shower. Shaving point and shaving mirror, long mirror bathroom cabinet. Views across the hills and down to the river.
The garden includes patio furniture and is a wildlife paradise and has been specifically designed to encourage the insects, mammals and birds. There are steps from the balcony and upper area down to lower garden meadow and the garden also borders the river where guests are welcome to dip their feet in on a hot day.
Visitors to the garden have included otters and badgers while amongst the birds to be seen in season are buzzards, kites, nuthatches, tree creepers, blackcaps, goosanders, pied flycatchers, wagtails, dippers in addition to the common garden birds.
- Wi-Fi available at £10 per stay (payable on arrival)
- TV includes Free sat and BT sports
- Bed linen and hand towels included
- Bath towels available at £5 per person (payable on arrival but please request in advance)
- Central Heating throughout
- Hair dryer provided
- Travel cot provided (please bring your own linens)
- High chair and child safety gate provided
- No smoking or pets.
- Parking bay outside cottage and further roadside parking nearby.
- The following items are also provided at the cottage for your stay… Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid, dishcloths and scourers, tin foil and cling film. Bathroom: hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet. General cleaning products: bleach, shower cleaner, anti-bacterial spray etc.
- Local groceries can be obtained prior to arrival on request.
- No smoking and no pets.
- Supermarket deliveries are available via Tesco and Sainsbury’s
- Please note a fully refundable damages bond is required of £50. (pre-auth on payment card during booking)
- Please note that mobile coverage in the area is only available via some networks. We recommend you check with your provider if the signal is a necessity. There is also a landline available in the cottage.