About this Property
This beautiful Welsh country cottage offers superb panoramic views over Mid Wales countryside. It provides the perfect setting for anyone wishing to switch off and enjoy complete relaxation in private, peaceful surroundings. It also offers the benefit of being very central and within a short distance of many amenities and attractions, including a visitor centre and café, pub, shop and playground one mile away in the village of Llanbrynmair.
Spacious, open plan living area with high ceilings and large picture windows creating a great sense of space.
The large living / dining area offers beautiful panoramic views down a five mile long valley. This is all complemented by underfloor heating, a welcoming wood stove (free logs), comfortable seating, TV/ DVD player with Blueray, CD player and radio.
Fully equipped kitchen with electric oven, eye level grill, four plate hob, microwave oven, toaster, kettle, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. All cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils are provided, along with generous storage space.
Large, inviting ground floor bedroom with a king size bed and cruck beam feature. Plenty of storage space.
The ground floor bathroom is accessible via bedroom or passage off living room. Level entry walk in shower with wide door and free-standing adjustable seat available.
W.C. with hand rail, washbasin, shaver point and heated towel rail also included.
Beautiful twin bedroom also furnished with a wardrobe, dressing table, chest of drawers and two bedside cabinets.
The upstairs bathroom includes a heated towel rail, bath with shower unit, W.C., bidet and washbasin with shaver point.
Large patio area with two sets of garden furniture and panoramic views for miles around. A lawn and grassed area also encircles this Welsh country cottage and is available as a play area. There is access to a small area of woodland/ farm lane and access to all of the owner’s fields unless specified otherwise.
Nature Trail for young children. They can look for various 'wild animals' placed along the trail which leads to the old sheep fold with views of the Clegyr Valley.
This beautiful Welsh country cottage is also perfect for birdwatching. A bird feeder in front of the window is filled daily. It attracts many species of birds such as woodpeckers, nuthatches, goldfinches and robins. Various RSPB books and other nature books for children and adults in the property. Bring your binoculars as Red Kites and Buzzards often fly overhead with many skirmishes between them and the crows!
Lockable shed next door to the cottage – ideal to store cycles, outdoor clothing etc. Camping chairs for guests’ use can also be found in here, as well as a tumble drier, bike pump,volley balls, outdoor badminton set and frisbees.
- Bed linen and tea towels provided. Hairdryer and four beach towels also supplied.
- A generous supply of hand and bath towels provided, and extra supplied on request.
- Central heating, firewood and electricity included. There is a plentiful supply of free firewood. Underfloor heating downstairs, thermostatically controlled radiators upstairs.
- 1 extra single 'put-me-up' bed available on request
- Solar panels which reduce carbon footprint
- Many basic toiletries , washing powder, washing up liquid and toilet rolls are provided.
- Cot, wooden high chair, stair gate, changing mat and mattress side barrier for child supplied. *Please request cot beforehand.
- MiFi internet access available on request for an additional £10 (*please notify beforehand).
- No smoking.
- Barbecue and charcoal available.
- Sorry, no pets except working guide dogs.
- This Welsh country cottage also has adequate parking for many cars, within easy reach of the entrance (which has a ramp)
- The following items are also provided at the cottage: Spare bulbs, bin bags, firelighters and instruction leaflets for appliances, vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board, first aid box and torch.
- Information files provided for guests at the cottage. This includes O.S. maps and guide books for walks, cycle rides in Mid and North Wales and sample menus from restaurants in the area.