About this Property
Set in the heart of the beautiful Wye Valley ‘Y Berllan Deg’ is a 5 star, 140 year old, self catering Wye Valley
cottage full of tradition and character. It has a large enclosed garden area that was formerly an orchard. It offers direct access to walking trails and salmon fishing from the cottage and has a great local pub. This self catering Wye Valley
cottage has the best of both worlds – it is tucked away in a lovely peaceful spot whilst also boasting a great location, with easy access to the main routes. A perfect location to enjoy the many activities and attractions this area of Wales has to offer. Wild swimming is also popular with the locals during the warmer months.
The lounge includes a traditional log burner and 2 large comfy sofas, TV with Freesat, DVD, video and Hifi system. A large selection of walking books, local maps, tourist information , films, books and games.
Kitchen diner with seating for 4, an electric cooker, microwave, fridge-freezer, portable TV, auto washer, dishwasher, iron and ironing board, good quality crockery, glasses and kitchenware.
1 double bedroom with large French antique King size bed and a large en-suite bathroom with a shower over the bath.
1 double bedroom with King size bed (or can be made into twin beds) and has an en-suite shower room with an eight jet spa shower cubicle. (please note during booking if you would like the King Size bed or twins)
Enclosed, pet-friendly garden with apple trees, table and chairs and a sun chair perfectly situated to enjoy a drop of tea or even a glass of wine as the sun sets over the rolling hills.
- Complimentary welcome pack on arrival - contents may vary but can include tea, coffee, sugar, milk, condiments, bread, butter and more.
- All bedding, towels and tea towels provided.
- Electric and central heating included.
- Free first basket of logs provided.
- Free Wifi.
- Cot and High chair available
- Maximum of 2 dogs allowed and dogs are charged at £10 per animal per stay. (payable to owner on arrival)
- Off road parking for at least 2 cars.
- Supermarket delivery available from Asda and Tesco.
- Although wild swimming is popular please be aware that it can be dangerous and is undertaken at your own risk.
- The following items are also provided at the cottage for your stay… Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and scourers, tin foil and cling film. Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet. General cleaning products: bleach, shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc.