At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Woodburning stove
- Secure garden
- Two dogs welcome
- Cot, highchair & stairgate
- Friday changeover
About The Bield
A detached Dales cottage brimming with charm and character, The Bield nestles on the eastern edge of Thornton Rust village overlooking the village green. Renovated to a high standard with 3 bedrooms, the cottage is pet friendly and perfect for families with a Wii console, free WiFi and a cot and highchair available. A secure garden to the rear offers ample space for bike storage.
- The cottage is accessed through a walled border garden, through a small entrance porch to the front.
- The porch leads into a cosy lounge with a charming inset woodburner with pine surround and mantel, an open beamed ceiling and feature support post. A flat-screen TV with Freeview channels, DVD and radio/ CD is included.
- A spacious dining room is accessed through the lounge and ideal for family dining with a picture window affording views towards the village green.
- Modern compact kitchen with quarry tiled floor, well equipped with a microwave, fridge, freezer, automatic washing machine and a dishwasher.
- Utility room with laundry facilities, a freezer and a wc adjacent.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Open tread pine staircase up from the dining room to a landing leading into three bedrooms.
- Bedroom one with king-size bed.
- Bedroom two with double bed.
- Bedroom three with a twin containing a flat-screen TV with Freeview.
- Bathroom with a bath, sprinkler, shower, wc and a wash basin. Shaver point and hair dryer included.
A secure small garden is to the rear of the property with space for bike storage. This garden area can be reached from the road off a wide pathway or through an external door in the utility room.
A larger sunny garden area is to the front, an ideal spot for relaxing alfresco drinks and dining.
Other Things to Note
- Character cottage retaining numerous original and quirky features.
- Cot, stairgate and highchair available.
- Bed linen, duvets, pillows and towels are all supplied.
- Oil fired central heating - all fuel for the multi-fueld stove and electric is included in the price.
- Telephone provided for incoming calls only.
- Free WiFi internet access.
- Two flat screen TVs in the lounge and in the twin bedroom.
- Secure garden with garden furniture.
- On-street parking to the front.
Changeover day for weekly bookings is a Friday.
Around and About
Peaceful Thornton Rust village is the perfect gateway into the Yorkshire Dales. Beautiful walks into Wensleydale are direct from your door - several footpaths branch out direct from the village. Popular Dales towns, villages and beauty spots are within easy reach including Hawes, Aysgarth Falls and the market town of Leyburn.