At a Glance
- Four berth - sleeps 4
- WiFi hotspot
- Amazing sea views
- Private picnic area
- 2 dogs welcome
- Bike hire
- Laundry facilities
- Cots & highchairs free
- Oban 16 miles
About Heather at Sunnybrae Caravan Park
One of eight holiday caravans at Sunnybrae Caravan park, Heather is our brand new four berth caravan with Termamax insulation and two cosy heated bedrooms. Sleeping a maximum of 4 guests, Heather has amazing sea views and sits close to the pontoon making it easy to keep an eye on your boat should you bring one along. Well behaved pets are welcome and a choice of fabulous walks surround the park. The area also offers excellent fishing and is brimming with wildlife.
Perfect for activity getaways and spectacularly situated on Scotland's West Coast near Oban, we're a friendly family run caravan park with a range of onsite facilities including mooring space and bike hire. Facilities in The Bothy at the top of the site include WiFi internet access, laundry facilities, BBQs and a chest freezer well stocked with ready-made meals made with organic ingredients. Please do just ask if you would like us to organise seafood delivery fresh from the catch of our Luing fisherman.
Heather - Caravan 8 is a stylish four berth (28'x10') caravan sleeping 4 with double glazed Termamax insulation. It is positioned close to the pontoon and has fabulous sea views.
- A well equipped kitchen containing a full size gas cooker with four rings, a grill and oven, a microwave, an under-counter fridge with small freezer compartment, an electric kettle, toaster and all essential kitchen accessories.
- Environmentally friendly cleaning products, tea towels, a compost bin and oven gloves.
- A lounge and dining area with cosy gas fire, comfortable seating, a flat-screen colour TV with FreeSat Satellite channels and a built-in DVD.
- Two heated bedrooms - a double and a twin both with ample storage space, bed linen, pillows and warm blankets all provided.
- A bathroom with a shower, wc, wash basin and toiletries. Please bring along your own towels.
Site Facilities/ Further Information
- Bike hire (chargeable) is available including trailers and tag alongs.
- Mooring space and pontoon onsite.
- Family friendly/ children welcome - travel cots and highchairs are free.
- Recycling facilities - all caravans have their own small compost bin.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome for a small extra fee - please bring along your own pet blankets, bedding and towels. A vacuum cleaner is in each caravan helping to keep dog hairs to a minimum.
- The Bothy is a WiFi hotspot situated at the top of the site. Here you'll find DVDs, a chest freezer with locally caught seafood and ready-made meals, wildlife books and local interest books, ironing facilities, a washer and dryer (a small charge applies for powder and conditioner).
- A selection of gifts - t-shirts, postcards, tea towels and more.
- BBQs, charcoal and tools.
- An affordable laundry service is available and a washing machine, tumble dryer and ironing facilities.
- Each caravan also includes an airer and clothes pegs, and an undercover drying area is onsite ideal for drying off wet suits.
- 30% deposit on booking.
- Late availability, low occupancy and long stay discounts.
- Up to two dogs are welcome - the first dog is £30 per booking and the second dog £20 per booking.
- Short breaks are available for a designated period during the year.
Around and About
One of the three Slate Islands, the Isle of Luing is a stunning landscape rich in wildlife. Otters, dolphins and porpoises are resident in the area, and Luing has some charming rocky beaches perfect for skimming and rockpooling. Local activities and attractions include:-
- Bike hire - head off and explore Luing and Seil.
- Hop aboard a boat trip from Cullipool - visit our website for more information on local boat trips and Sea-fari Adventures.
- Local food outlets include Puffer Inn on Easdale, the Oyster Bar at Ellenabeich (Easdale village) and Scottish CAMRA award-winners Tigh an Truish.
- A grocery shop is at Cullipool well stocked with all essentials including newspapers.
- Excellent fishing on the shores of Sunnybrae - the catch is mostly pollack and saithe, or arrange a mackeral fishing boat trip from Luing.
- Local watersports including sea kayaking and diving are available in the Oban area.
- Historic buildings and castles nearby include Camasserie Castle near Kilmartin and Dunollie Castle at Oban.
- A 9 hole golf course is on the Isle of Seil.
- We're in a prime area for wildlife watching - otters are numerous and lookout for Bottlenose Dolphins, seals, deer and many species of birds.
- The Sea Life Centre just on the other side of Oban is a popular family attraction.
- Sunnybrae Caravan Park is just 16 miles south of Oban (about a 35 minute drive away).
- Glasgow is about 3 hours away. (Glasgow Airport is well served by a choice of low cost flights from around the UK.
- Our 'Belnahua' ferry service - the Luing car ferry - runs six days a week from 7.30am to 6pm. Passenger ferries run until 10pm and in the summer ferries also run in the evenings.
- Find out more about local bus and ferry services on the Isle of Luing on our website - we're just a 3 minute ferry ride from the mainland.