At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- WiFi hotspot
- Spectacular sea views
- Bike hire
- Laundry facilities
- Ready-made Meals/fresh eggs
- Short breaks
- Cot & highchair free
- Picnic area
About Birches at Sunnybrae Caravan Park
One of eight holiday caravans at Sunnybrae, Birches is a brand new four berth caravan on the Isle of Luing near Oban. Cosy features include Thermamax insulation and this super stylish caravan has its own picnic area and fabulous views across to Cuan Sound, Seil, and the mainland and Torsa beyond. Bike hire is available onsite, and The Bothy situated at the top of the site is a WiFi hotspot with a range of facilities including gifts, a freezer well stocked with ready-made meals and seafood and a washer and dryer. The waterfront setting is spectacular, with pretty rocky beaches nearby and excellent fishing! Lookout for local wildlife including otters and dolphins, and guests are welcome to help themselves to fresh eggs from our own hens in The Bothy.
Birches - Caravan 7 - is one of our new four berth caravans (28' x 10'). Accommodation is cosy and warm with double glazed Thermamax insulation and two heated bedrooms. Sorry no pets in Birches please and all our caravans are strictly non-smoking.
Living space comprises:-
- Fitted kitchen containing a full-sized four ringed gas cooker (grill and oven), a microwave, electric kettle and toaster, under-counter fridge with a small freezer department, all kitchen crockery, utensils and accessories.
- Lounge and dining area with FreeSat flatscreen TV including an in-built DVD player, a cosy gas fire and comfortable seating.
- Two heated bedrooms - a double and a twin both with ample storage space, bed linen, pillows and warm blankets all provided.
- Bathroom with a shower, wc, wash basin and toiletries. Please bring along your own towels.
- Bike hire (chargeable) is available including trailers and tag alongs.
- Mooring space and pontoon onsite.
- Family friendly/ children welcome - travel cots and highchairs are free.
- Recycling facilities - each caravan has its own small compost bin.
- A vacuum cleaner is in each caravan.
Facilities in The Bothy
- WiFi hotspot situated at the top of the site.
- DVDs for guest use.
- Chest freezer with locally caught seafood and ready-made meals, wildlife books and local interest books, ironing facilities, a washer and dryer (a small charge applies for powder and conditioner).
- Eggs from our own hens.
- A selection of gifts - t-shirts, postcards, tea towels and more.
- BBQs, charcoal and tools.
- An affordable laundry service is available and a washing machine, tumble dryer and ironing facilities.
- Each caravan also includes an airer and clothes pegs, and an undercover drying area is onsite ideal for drying off wet suits.
- 30% deposit on booking.
- Late availability, low occupancy and long stay discounts.
- Short breaks are available for a designated period during the year.
Around and About
The Isle of Luing is a magical landscape rich in wildlife. Otters, dolphins and porpoises are resident in the area, and Luing has some charming rocky beaches perfect for skimming and rockpooling. Activities and attractions include:-
- Hire one of our bikes and explore Luing and Seil.
- Pick up a boat trip from nearby Cullipool - visit our website for more information on local boat trips and Sea-fari Adventures.
- Local food outlets include Puffer Inn on Easdale, the Oyster Bar at Ellenabeich (Easdale village) and Scottish CAMRA award-winners Tigh an Truish.
- A grocery shop is at Cullipool well stocked with all essentials including newspapers.
- Enjoy excellent fishing on the shores of Sunnybrae - mostly pollack and saithe, or arrange a mackeral fishing boat trip from Luing.
- Local watersports including sea kayaking and diving are available in the Oban area.
- Visit Camasserie Castle near Kilmartin, Dunollie Castle at Oban or one of the main historic buildings and castles nearby.
- A 9 hole golf course is on the Isle of Seil.
- We're in a prime area for wildlife watching - otters are numerous and lookout for Bottlenose Dolphins, seals, deer and many species of birds.
- The Sea Life Centre just on the other side of Oban is a popular family attraction.
- 16 miles south of Oban (about a 35 minute drive away).
- Glasgow is about 3 hours away. (Glasgow Airport is well served by a choice of low cost flights from around the UK.
- Our 'Belnahua' ferry service - the Luing car ferry - runs six days a week from 7.30am to 6pm.
- Passenger ferries run until 10pm and in the summer ferries also run in the evenings.
- Find details on local bus and ferry services on the Isle of Luing on our website - we're just a 3 minute ferry ride from the mainland.