At a Glance
- Four berth - sleeps 4
- WiFi hotspot
- 2 dogs welcome
- Free cot & highchair
- Spectacular sea/sunset views
- Bike hire
- Short breaks
- Private picnic area
- Parking for 1 car
About Orchid at Sunnybrae Caravan Park
A family friendly holiday caravan at Sunnybrae Caravan Park, Orchid sleeps 4 and sits elevated on a small hill with views over the Cuan Sound across to Seil, Torsa and the mainland beyond. Our family run caravan park is in a spectacular spot on the Isle of Luing on Scotland's West Coast. We're only 16 miles from Oban and there are extensive facilities onsite including WiFi internet access, bike hire, laundry facilities, BBQs and a well stocked freezer with ready-made meals made from organic ingredients.
The Bothy at the top of the site is a WiFi hotspot with a range of books on local wildlife and the area. Eggs from our own hens, crab lines and nets, laundry facilities and a selection of gifts are also available here along with a collection of DVDs. The park has amazing sea views and its own pontoon and boat mooring space. Up to two well trained dogs are welcome and family essentials including a cot and highchair are available free of charge.
Orchid - Caravan 6 - is a four berth (30'x10') holiday caravan, fully doubled glazed and positioned 15 feet above sea level so views towards Seil and the mainland are amazing.
Living space comprises:-
- Kitchen with a full size gas cooker with four rings, a grill and oven, a microwave, an under-counter fridge with small freezer compartment, an electric kettle, toaster and all essential kitchen accessories.
- Environmentally friendly cleaning products, tea towels, a compost bin and oven gloves are also provided. Each caravan also has its own small compost bin.
- Lounge/ dining area with cosy gas fire, comfortable stylish seating, a flat-screen colour TV with FreeSat satellite channels and a built-in DVD.
- Two heated bedrooms - a double and a twin with ample storage space, bed linen, pillows and warm blankets all provided.
- Bathroom with a shower, wc, wash basin and toiletries. Please bring along your own towels.
Site Facilities/ Additional Information
- Bike hire (chargeable) is available including trailers and tag alongs.
- Mooring space and pontoon launch.
- Travel cots and highchairs are happily provided free of charge.
- Recycling facilities - all caravans have their own small compost bin.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome - please bring along your own pet blankets, bedding and towels.
- A vacuum cleaner is available in each caravan helping to keep dog hairs to a minimum.
Facilities in The Bothy:-
- The Bothy is an onsite WiFi hotspot situated at the top of the site. Here you'll find DVDs, a chest freezer with locally caught seafood and ready-made meals made from organic ingredients, wildlife books and local interest books, ironing facilities, a washer and dryer (powder and conditioner is available for a small charge).
- Gifts can be purchased including T-shirts, postcards, tea towels and more in The Bothy.
- BBQs, charcoal and tools.
- An affordable laundry service is available - we also have a washing machine, tumble dryer and ironing facilities in The Bothy.
- Each caravan includes an airer and clothes pegs.
- An undercover drying area is also onsite.
- Late availability, low occupancy and long stay discounts.
- Up to two dogs are welcome - the first dog is £30 per booking and the second dog £20 per booking.
- Short breaks are available for a designated period during the year.
- 30% deposit on booking.
Around and About
- A grocery shop is at Cullipool well stocked with all essentials including newspapers.
- Excellent fishing is available from the shores of Sunnybrae - the catch is mostly pollack and saithe, or arrange a mackeral fishing boat trip from Luing.
- Local watersports including sea kayaking and diving are available in the Oban area.
- Beautiful rocky beaches are on Luing - ideal for rockpooling and skimming.
- A 9 hole golf course is on the Isle of Seil.
- We're in a prime area for wildlife watching - otters are numerous in the area, with other regular visitors including Bottlenose Dolphins, seals, deer and many species of birds.
- Visit the popular Sea Life Centre just on the other side of Oban.
- Hire bikes onsite and explore Luing and Seil.
- Take a boat trip from Cullipool - find details of local boat trips and Sea-fari Adventures on our website.
- Outstanding local food outlets include Puffer Inn on Easdale, the Oyster Bar at Ellenabeich (Easdale village) and Scottish CAMRA award-winners Tigh an Truish.
- Visit one of the many local historic buildings and castles.
- Sunnybrae is only 16 miles south of Oban (about a 35 minute drive away).
- Glasgow is about 3 hours away. (Glasgow Airport is well served by a choice of low cost flights from around the UK.
- Our ferry service - the Luing car ferry - runs six days a week from 7.30am to 6pm. Passenger ferries run until 10pm and in the summer ferries also run in the evenings.
- Find more information on local bus and ferry services on the Isle of Luing on our website - we're just a 3 minute ferry ride from the mainland.