At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- WiFi hotspot
- Bike hire
- Up to 2 dogs welcome
- Stunning waterfront location
- Short breaks
- Local activities
- Oban 16 miles
- Laundry facilities
About Heron at Sunnybrae Caravan Park
One of our eight holiday caravans at Sunnybrae, Heron is a spacious six berth caravan sleeping 4 adults and 2 children. Located on the waters' edge with spectacular views across to Seil, Torsa and the mainland beyond, Heron is our most secluded accommodation and makes the perfect year round retreat.
Sunnybrae is a friendly family run caravan park on the Isle of Luing just 16 miles south of Oban. The Bothy with communal facilities situated at the top of the site is a WiFi hotspot with a selection of DVDs, a freezer well stocked with ready-made meals, locally sourced meats and seafood and a washer and dryer. Bike hire is also available onsite and the park has mooring space for boats and a pontoon.
Heron - a six berth caravan (35'x10') sleeping 5 (4 adults/ 2 children), painted green blending perfectly with its surroundings, with double glazing throughout. Spectacularly situated on the waterfront with fabulous views. Living space comprises:-
- A well equipped fitted kitchen with all essentials including a full sized gas cooker with 4 rings, grill and oven, a microwave, an under-counter fridge featuring a small freezer compartment, a kettle, toaster and all necessary cutlery and utensils. We also include environmentally friendly cleaning products and each caravan has its own compost bin.
- Dining/ lounge area combined with a gas fire and ample comfy seating and a FreeSat flat-screen TV with built-in DVD.
- Two heated bedrooms - a double and a twin both with plenty of storage space. Bed linen, blankets and pillows are all supplied.
- Bathroom with a shower, wc, wash basin and toiletries - please bring along your own towels.
- Private picnic area and parking for 1 car.
Site Facilities/ Further Information
- Bike hire (small charge) is available including trailers and tag alongs.
- Mooring space and pontoon launch.
- Travel cots and highchairs are happily provided free of charge.
- Recycling facilities - all caravans have their own small compost bin.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome - please bring along your own pet blankets, bedding and towels.
- A vacuum cleaner is available in each caravan helping to keep dog hairs to a minimum.
The Bothy is a WiFi hotspot situated at the top of the caravan park with facilities including:-
- A collection of DVDs.
- Chest freezer with ready-made meals cooked using organic ingredients, local seafood and meats.
- Fresh eggs from our own hens.
- A selection of books and guides on local wildlife, landscapes and things to do.
- A washing machine and tumble dryer. Laundry service (small charge) on request.
- Undercover drying area. Each caravan has an airer and pegs.
- BBQs, charcoal and tools.
- Late availability, low occupancy and long stay discounts.
- Up to two dogs are welcome - the first dog is £30 per booking and the second dog £20 per booking.
- Short breaks are available for a designated period during the year.
- 30% deposit on booking.
Around and About
- A grocery shop is at Cullipool.
- Excellent fishing on the shores of Sunnybrae - mostly pollack and saithe, or arrange a mackeral fishing boat trip from Luing.
- Local watersports including sea kayaking and diving are available in the Oban area.
- Beautiful rocky beaches are on Luing - ideal for rockpooling and skimming.
- A 9 hole golf course is on the Isle of Seil.
- The area is rich in wildlife - otters are numerous in the area. Other regular visitors include Bottlenose Dolphins, seals, deer and many species of birds.
- Nearby attractions include the popular Sea Life Centre just on the other side of Oban.
- Hire bikes onsite and explore Luing and Seil.
- Take a boat trip from Cullipool - find more detail on local boat trips on our website.
- Outstanding local food outlets include Puffer Inn on Easdale, the Oyster Bar at Ellenabeich (Easdale village) and Scottish CAMRA award-winners Tigh an Truish.
- Visit one of the many local historic buildings and castles.
- We're only 16 miles south of Oban (about a 35 minute drive away).
- Glasgow is around 3 hours away. Glasgow Airport is served by a choice of low cost flights from around the UK.
- Our ferry service - the Luing car ferry - runs six days a week from 7.30am to 6pm. Passenger ferries run until 10pm and in the summer ferries also run in the evenings.
- Find more information on local bus and ferry services on the Isle of Luing on our website - we're just a 3 minute ferry ride from the mainland.