At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- WiFi hotspot
- Bike hire
- Short breaks
- Excellent fishing
- Local seafood available
- 2 dogs welcome
- Cots & highchairs free
- Stunning sea views
About Seal at Sunnybrae Caravan Park
Located right on the waters' edge, four berth Seal holiday caravan is one of our eight onsite caravans here at Sunnybrae Caravan Park on the Isle of Luing. We're just 16 miles from Oban in a spectacular location with views across to Seil, Torsa and the mainland beyond. Pets and families are warmly welcomed and onsite facilities include The Bothy, a WiFi hotspot and communal space with DVDs and books on local wildlife and a freezer stocked with ready-made meals, local meats and seafood. Laundry facilities and bike hire are also available.
Seal - a four berth caravan (28'x10') sleeping 4 with double glazing throughout. Accommodation includes:-
- Lounge/dining area with comfortable seating, satellite FreeSat TV and a cosy gas fire.
- Fitted kitchen with a microwave, a full size oven with 4 rings, grill, microwave and an under-counter fridge with small freezer compartment. All essential utensils, crockery, a kettle and toaster are included.
- Two heated bedrooms - a twin and a double with lots of storage space. Bed linen, pillows and blankets are all provided.
- Bathroom with a wash basin, wc and shower.
- Pegs and airer.
- A heated towel rail features in some caravans.
- Parking for 1 car.
- Private picnic area.
- Bike hire (small charge).
- Mooring space and pontoon launch - guests are welcome to bring along their own boats.
- Travel cots and highchairs provided free of charge.
- Recycling facilities - all caravans have their own small compost bin.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome - please bring along your own pet blankets, bedding and towels.
- A vacuum cleaner is available in each caravan helping to keep dog hairs to a minimum.
Facilities in The Bothy
The Bothy is a WiFi hotspot located at the top of the site and features:-
- A collection of DVDs for guests to use.
- Chest freezer with ready-made meals cooked using organic ingredients.
- Locally caught seafood and meats are also available in the freezer.
- Fresh eggs from our own hens.
- A selection of books and guides on local wildlife and the area.
- A washing machine and tumble dryer. Laundry service (small charge) on request.
- Undercover drying area.
- BBQs, charcoal and tools.
- Late availability, low occupancy and long stay discounts.
- Up to two dogs are welcome - the first dog is £30 per booking and the second dog £20 per booking.
- Short breaks are available for a designated period during the year.
- 30% deposit on booking.
Around and About
- Excellent fishing on the shores of Sunnybrae - mostly pollack and saithe, or hop aboard a mackeral fishing boat trip from Luing.
- Local watersports including sea kayaking and diving are available in the Oban area.
- Beautiful rocky beaches are on Luing - ideal for rockpooling and skimming.
- A 9 hole golf course is on the Isle of Seil.
- The area is rich in wildlife - otters are numerous in the area. Other regular visitors include Bottlenose Dolphins, seals, deer and many species of birds.
- Nearby attractions include the popular Sea Life Centre just on the other side of Oban.
- Hire bikes onsite and explore Luing and Seil.
- Take a boat trip from Cullipool - find more detail on local boat trips on our website.
- Outstanding local food outlets include Puffer Inn on Easdale, the Oyster Bar at Ellenabeich (Easdale village) and Scottish CAMRA award-winners Tigh an Truish.
- Visit one of the many local historic buildings and castles.
- A grocery shop is at Cullipool.
- We're only 16 miles south of Oban (about a 35 minute drive away).
- Glasgow is around 3 hours away. Glasgow Airport is served by a choice of low cost flights from around the UK.
- Our ferry service - the Luing car ferry - runs six days a week from 7.30am to 6pm. Passenger ferries run until 10pm and in the summer ferries also run in the evenings.
- Find more information on local bus and ferry services on the Isle of Luing on our website - we're just a 3 minute ferry ride from the mainland.