At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Up to 2 dogs welcome
- Bike hire
- WiFi hotspot
- Cots/ highchairs free
- Waterfront location
- Spectacular sea views
- Seafood/ ready-made meals
About Otter at Sunnybrae Caravan Park
Otter is one of our most popular caravans in a fantastic waterfront location adjacent to the slipway. We're a small family run caravan park on the Isle of Luing only 16 miles from Oban. Facilities onsite include The Bothy, a communal space and WiFi hotspot with books, DVDs, a washer and tumble dryer and a freezer packed with ready-made meals made from organic ingredients. Please do just ask if you would like us to arrange seafood delivery fresh from the catch of our local Luing fisherman. The park is great for families, and up to two well trained dogs are welcome in Otter. A wealth of scenic walks, excellent fishing, boating and cycling feature in the local area and we're only a 3 minute ferry ride from the mainland.
Otter - Caravan 3 - a six berth (35'x10') caravan sleeping 6 guests, fully double glazed and in a great location next to the waterfront near the slipway. You're in a top spot for keeping an eye on your boat and watch out for passing otters!
Living space comprises:-
- A lounge/ dining area with satellite FreeSat TV, comfortable seating and a gas fire.
- Well equipped fitted kitchen with a full sized oven/ 4 ring hob, grill, microwave, under-counter fridge with a small freezer compartment and all essential crockery, utensils, a kettle and toaster.
- Two heated bedrooms - a twin and double bedroom.
- Bathroom with a shower, wash basin, toiletries and some have heated towel rails. Please bring along your own towels.
Site Facilities/ Further Information
- Bike hire (chargeable) including trailers and tag alongs.
- Mooring space and pontoon launch.
- Travel cots and highchairs are available free of charge.
- Recycling facilities - small compost bins are in each caravan.
- Pegs and airer.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome - please bring along your own pet blankets, bedding and towels.
- A vacuum cleaner is available in each caravan helping to keep dog hairs to a minimum.
- Parking for one car.
- Picnic area.
Facilities in The Bothy
- The Bothy is an onsite WiFi hotspot situated at the top of the site. Here you'll find DVDs, a chest freezer with locally caught seafood and ready-made meals with organic ingredients, wildlife books and local interest books, ironing facilities, a washer and dryer (powder and conditioner is available for a small charge).
- Gifts can be purchased including T-shirts, postcards, tea towels and more in The Bothy.
- BBQs, charcoal and tools.
- An affordable laundry service is available - we also have a washing machine, tumble dryer and ironing facilities in The Bothy.
- Each caravan includes an airer and clothes pegs.
- An undercover drying area is also onsite.
- Late availability, low occupancy and long stay discounts.
- Up to two dogs are welcome - the first dog is £30 per booking and the second dog £20 per booking.
- Short breaks are available for a designated period during the year.
- 30% deposit on booking.
Around and About
- A grocery shop is at Cullipool with all essentials including newspapers.
- Excellent fishing onsite - the catch is mostly pollack and saithe, or arrange a mackeral fishing boat trip from Luing.
- Local watersports including sea kayaking and diving.
- Stunning rocky beaches are on Luing - ideal for rockpooling and skimming.
- A 9 hole golf course is on the Isle of Seil.
- Luing is rich in wildlife - otters are numerous and other regular visitors include Bottlenose Dolphins, seals, deer and a variety of birds.
- Don't miss a visit to the Sea Life Centre just on the other side of Oban.
- Hire bikes onsite and explore Luing and Seil.
- Take a boat trip from Cullipool - find details of local boat trips and Sea-fari Adventures on our website.
- Outstanding local food outlets include Puffer Inn on Easdale, the Oyster Bar at Ellenabeich (Easdale village) and Scottish CAMRA award-winners Tigh an Truish.
- Visit one of the many local historic buildings and castles.
- Sunnybrae is only 16 miles south of Oban (about a 35 minute drive away).
- Glasgow is about 3 hours away. (Glasgow Airport is well served by a choice of low cost flights from around the UK.
- The Luing car ferry service runs six days a week from 7.30am to 6pm. Passenger ferries run until 10pm and in the summer ferries also run in the evenings.
- Find more information on local bus and ferry services on the Isle of Luing on our website - we're just a 3 minute ferry ride from the mainland.