At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Short breaks
- Bike hire
- WiFi hotspot
- Stunning waterfront location
- 2 dogs welcome
- Fishing & activities
- Picnic area
- Parking for 1 car
About Gannet at Sunnybrae Caravan Park
A four berth holiday caravan on the Isle of Luing near Oban, Gannet is pet friendly and one of eight fully equipped caravans on the park. Facilities include bike hire and The Bothy - a communal space - is a WiFi hotspot with a washer and dryer, books, DVDs and a freezer stocked with ready-made organic meals, local seafood and meats. We're a small family run caravan park on the waterfront with spectacular sea views. This area of Scotland's west coast is brimming with wildlife and great for activity holidays. Excellent fishing, cycling, walking, boating and watersports are available locally.
Gannet - Caravan 1 - four berth (28'x10') fully doubled glazed with cosy Thermaplus insulation. Sleeps 4 guests with two heated bedrooms. Gannet sits in a prime location close to the pontoon and waterfront.
Living space comprises:-
- Lounge/ dining area with cosy gas fire, satellite FreeSat TV and comfortable seating.
- Fitted kitchen with a microwave, full sized oven with four rings, grill, under-counter fridge with small freezer compartment, utensils, crockery, kettle and toaster.
- Two heated bedrooms - a double and a twin.
- Bathroom with a shower, wash basin and toiletries. Please bring along your own towels.
Site Facilities/ Further Information
- Bike hire (small charge) including trailers and tag alongs.
- Mooring space and pontoon launch onsite.
- Travel cots and highchairs are supplied free of charge.
- Recycling facilities - each caravan has a small compost bin.
- Pegs and an airer are included.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome - please bring along your own pet blankets, bedding and towels.
- A vacuum cleaner is available in each caravan helping to keep dog hairs to a minimum.
- Parking for one car.
- Picnic area.
- An undercover drying area.
- Affordable laundry service available on request.
Facilities in The Bothy:-
- WiFi hotspot with a collection of DVDs and books on the local area available.
- Chest freezer with locally caught seafood and ready-made meals with organic ingredients.
- Ironing facilities, a washer and dryer (powder and conditioner are available for a small charge).
- Gifts can be purchased including T-shirts, postcards, tea towels and more in The Bothy.
- BBQs, charcoal and tools.
- 30% deposit on booking.
- Late availability, low occupancy and long stay discounts.
- Short breaks are available for a designated period during the year.
- Up to two dogs are welcome - the first dog is £30 per booking and the second dog £20 per booking.
Around and About
- Excellent local fishing mostly pollack and saithe, or arrange a mackeral fishing boat trip from Luing.
- Boat trips from Cullipool - find details of local boat trips and Sea-fari Adventures on our website.
- A 9 hole golf course is on the Isle of Seil.
- Wildlife is extensive in the area - lookout for dolphins, deer, otters and many species of birds.
- Local food outlets include Puffer Inn on Easdale, the Oyster Bar at Ellenabeich (Easdale village) and Scottish CAMRA award-winners Tigh an Truish.
- Tour the many historic buildings and famous Scottish Castles in the area.
- Try boating, kayaking or diving all widely available locally.
- Visit the family friendly Sea Life Centre situated on the other side of Oban.
- Sunnybrae is just 16 miles south of Oban (about a 35 minute drive away).
- Glasgow is around 3 hours away. (Glasgow Airport is well served by a choice of low cost flights from around the UK).
- The Luing car ferry service runs six days a week from 7.30am to 6pm. Passenger ferries run until 10pm and in the summer ferries also run in the evenings.
- Find more information on local bus and ferry services on the Isle of Luing on our website - we're just a 3 minute ferry ride from the mainland.