At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Free WiFi
- Pub 200 metres
- Enclosed garden
- Rural views towards Penhill
- Walks from your door
About Johnson Cottage
Perfect for walkers, romantic escapes and holidays with dogs, Johnson Cottage is a period cottage gem in the Wensleydale village of Carperby. Luxury self-catering accommodation features a cosy open fireplace, original oak beams and a country cottage kitchen with rustic style dining area adjacent.
The cottage includes free Broadband internet access and the location is superb, just a 15 minute walk across stunning fields, through Freeholders Wood to one of the Yorkshire Dales' most famous beauty spots - Aysgarth Falls. The Wheatsheaf Inn serving fine food and ales is only 200 metres from your cottage door.
- Romantic period cottage with a mix of original features and modern comforts.
- Living room with original oak beams and cosy open fireplace. Ample seating, digital TV and a DVD player.
- Open plan country kitchen with pine style units, an electric cooker/ hob, and a rustic dining area.
Bedrooms / Bathroom
- Bedroom 1 - a double with a wrought iron double bed, original oak beams and wide solid oak flooring. Views are out to the village main street.
- Bedroom 2 - with a small double bed and single matching metal black bed. This bedroom has wonderful views of the garden, fields and Penhill beyond.
- Bathroom with cast iron bath, electric power shower, wash basin, wc, radiator and an extractor fan.
- Fully enclosed sunny and south facing garden with lawn area, pretty flower beds and cosy flagged seating area.
- Various storage areas - a fuel bunker, gas bottle storage area, bin storage space and a garden shed.
- Johnson Cottage has a pedestrian access over to neighbouring properties.
Other Things to Note
- Open all year round.
- Central heating throughout.
- Perfect for holidays with dogs - the garden is fully enclosed and dog friendly walks are direct from your cottage door! A stone wall and wire fencing is in place providing added security for your dog.
- Free Broadband internet access.
Short breaks are available. Changeover day for weekly bookings is usually a Friday.
Around and About
- Bring along your walking boots - scenic walks are direct from your cottage door into this glorious Wensleydale corner of the Yorkshire Dales.
- Market towns Leyburn and Hawes with quirky shops, great inns, cafes and restaurants are within easy reach.
- The Wheatsheaf Inn, a superb country inn, is just 200 metres from your door in Carperby village (James Herriot spent his honeymoon at this inn and Greta Garbo is also known to have visited).
- Take the 15 minute scenic walk across fields and through woodland to famous beauty spot Aysgarth Falls.
- The Wensleydale Creamery Visitor Centre at Hawes and medieval Bolton Castle with its walled gardens are nearby.
From the east, travel through Beadale towards Leyburn on the A684. Carry on through Leyburn and take a right at Wensley off the A684 road. Carry on towards Redmire.
After you have passed through Redmire - note on the skyline, on the right hand side Bolton Castle. Continue for a few miles past Redmire until you reach Carperby village.
Continue on past the Wheatsheaf Inn - Johnson Cottage is about 200 metres, situated on your left.