At a Glance
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Unique copper spa bath
- Pamper room onsite
- Underfloor heating
- Private patio
- Charcoal BBQ available
About Bijou Romantic Retreat
A brand new luxury apartment retreat on the North Cornwall Coast, Bijou sits in a spectacular rural location in the Marhamchurch area, just 2 miles south of Bude. The apartment has panoramic sea vistas through large sliding floor to ceiling doors and extra special touches include a unique William Holland™ copper spa bath, cosy underfloor heating, a walk-in rainfall shower and private furnished patio. A charcoal style freestanding BBQ is available on request. This apartment gem is the ultimate romantic escape for couples, ideal as a honeymoon base, just a stone's throw from Widemouth Bay and Bude's award-winning surf beaches.
We've created a superb space for couples to relax, unwind and admire the glorious views. Bijou has been crafted to the highest standards, with super large windows allowing in ample natural light and making living space light and airy. Contemporary in style with luxurious furnishings, Bijou features:-
- Romantic soft lighting and original French furniture - the perfect blend of period touches and modern style.
- A sitting area with two extra comfy leather sofas, a TV with Blu-Ray/ DVD player and a Hi-Fi system with iPod docking station.
- Pristine modern kitchen, fully fitted with a dishwasher, an electric oven, an induction hob, washing machine and a fridge/ freezer.
Bedroom / Bathroom
- Open plan super-king size double bedroom with a beautifully carved French super-king size bed featuring a memory foam mattress, a luxury duvet and super soft pillows - a comfortable night's sleep is assured.
- En-suite bathroom with spacious walk-in rainfall shower, wash basin with nickel interior and LED mirror lighting.
- Fluffy soft towels and complimentary locally made fine toiletries.
- Large sliding doors open out onto a private patio area with stylish outdoor furniture and beautiful sea and rural views.
- A smaller patio area is just to the front of the cottage adjacent to the entrance with superb views towards Bude.
- Please do just ask if you would like us to provide you with a freestanding charcoal BBQ - perfect for those warm summer evenings admiring sunsets.
- Parking is located close to the property.
- Underfloor heating.
- Guests also have access to a tumble dryer located near the apartment, as well as a collection of DVDs and books.
- WiFi internet access.
- Welcome tray on arrival.
- All kitchen essentials - tea towels, oven gloves, dishwasher tablets and washing up liquid provided.
- A set of towels including 1 bath and 1 hand towel are provided for each guest.
- Sorry no pets please and the apartment is non-smoking.
- Bed linen, heating and electric are all inclusive in booking price.
- Luxury St Kitts Herbery toiletries are included.
- De-stress in our onsite pamper room where we use fine Sandra's holistic therapies including hot lava shell rescue massage™ and marine mud wrap. Browse the full choice of treatment choices available on our website.
- A choice of housekeeping options.
- Meal delivery services are available - see Nicky's delicious locally sourced menu choice on our website.
Arrival and departure days are flexible all year round - arrival is usually after 4pm. Please do advise us if you arrive earlier and we'll let you know when accommodation will be ready. Short breaks, including 1 night stays, are available.
Around and About
- Award-winning beaches and the South West Coast Path are nearby.
- Bude is just a few minutes' drive (2 miles) away with its choice of award-winning beaches including Summerleaze and Crooklets plus its many surf schools.
- Boscastle with its famous Witches Museum and Tintagel Castle are only a 25 minute drive away.
- Padstow (35 miles), Clovelly (19 miles), Port Isaac - site for the filming of ITV series Doc Martin (25 miles).
- Rock (29 miles).
- Watergate Bay (40 miles).
- Millook Beach (5 miles). Crackington Haven (9.5 miles).
Detailed directions are available on our website.
Take the A30 from Exeter heading towards Launceston. Exit at the turning off the A30 to Launceston signed South Petherwin/ Bude B3254. After Whitstone stay on the same road for 4.5 miles until your reach a crossroads (Red Post). Take a left turn to Stratton/Bude (A3072) and continue for about 2.7 miles. Carry on through Stratton and you will reach the A39 - Atlantic Highway. Continue past Bude, taking a left off the A39 for Pinch Hill - heading towards the village of Marhamchurch.