At a Glance
- Stunning Glamorgan Cottages & Shepherd's Huts
- Sleep 5, 4 & 2
- Short breaks available
- Stunning rural setting
- Cardiff (8 miles)
- Sunny south facing patios
About Duffryn Mawr Cottages & Shepherd's Huts
A collection of charming cottages and cosy renovated shepherd's huts in the beautiful Vale of Glamorgan, Duffryn Mawr Cottages and huts are just a short drive from the award-winning village of Pendoylan. In the opposite direction sits Peterston Super Ely village with the superb Three Horse Shoes inn serving great food in a relaxing rural setting. The cottages are set within the attractive grounds of our family home, just off the M4, Junction 34 and only a stone's throw from Cardiff (8 miles), Cowbridge and Cardiff Airport.
The Loft - Sleeps 5
- A 2 bedroom studio with a ground floor bedroom containing 3 single beds.
- Upstairs bedroom with a double bed, space for an extra single bed if needed and a Juliette balcony with views across to the Secret Garden and countryside beyond.
- Pretty south facing patio area with garden views and ample car parking.
King Fisher Cottage - Sleeps 4
- A beautifully converted two bedroom stone barn with a double and a twin bedroom.
- Open plan fully fitted kitchen and living area.
- Two sunny south facing furnished patio areas and ample parking adjacent.
Swallow Cottage - Sleeps 2
- Cosy one bedroom stone barn conversion for two.
- Double bedroom and bathroom with an overhead shower.
- Open plan sitting, kitchen and dining areas.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- South facing furnished patio and ample car parking.
The Hideaway - Sleeps 2
- A quirky little shepherd's hut for two, dating from the mid/late 1800s and beautifully modernised.
- Pretty huts like these were purpose built to shelter shepherds as they watched their flocks.
- The Hideway overlooks the lambing field so you can sit out in Spring and view the lambs.
- Accommodation offers a real luxury camping/ glamping experience.
- Living space includes a seating area with a log burner and flat-screen TV.
- A cute little kitchen area has 2 hot plates, a microwave, a sink and a fridge.
- The bathroom includes a wash basin, shower and a wc. Fluffy soft towels are provided.
- A welcome pack is included in your stay.
Swallows Nest - Sleeps 2
- Cosy Swallows Nest is ideal extra accommodation for two, a perfect compliment to Swallow or Kingfisher Cottages.
- This hut has an extra twin bedroom ideal for two teenagers/extra guests staying with families/friends based in other accommodation onsite.
Other Things to Note
- Family friendly and pet friendly accommodation.
- Internet access included. (WiFi hotspot on the premises)
- All three cottages are non-smoking throughout.
Open all year round. Short breaks are available.
Location/ Local Attractions
- Duffryn Mawr Cottages and Shepherd's Huts are easily reached just off the M4, Junction 34.
- Easy access to nearby Cardiff and the wider Mid and West Wales area - top spots like the Gower Peninsula are a short drive away.
- Welsh capital Cardiff with its many parks, castles, museums, sports stadiums, restaurants, clubs, bars and spectacular Cardiff Bay waterfront is only 8 miles away!
- The Glamorgan Heritage Coast, a real Welsh hidden gem, is right on our doorstep.
- The sand dunes of Merthyr Mawr stretching towards Porthcawl and the stunning Ogmore Estuary and beach are only a 15 minute drive away.
- Tour the many famous castles in the area from Castell Coch to Caerphilly and Cardiff Castles. The Museum of Welsh Life is at nearby St Fagans Castle.
- We're ideally placed for golf breaks - first class courses within easy reach include Celtic Manor, The Royal Porthcawl Links course and the Vale Golf and Country Resort.
- Enjoy great racing fixtures at nearby Chepstow and Cheltenham racecourses.