At a Glance
- 5 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Sky TV
- Ideal for families & groups
- Grade II Listed
- Free WiFi
About this Holiday Cottage
Rose Cottage is approaching her 200th birthday and is the most picturesque of Yorkshire stone cottages in the heart of the North Yorkshire Moors.
Located in the village of Goathland, famous for its Heartbeat and Harry Potter connections it is our Grade II Listed gem with wood burning stoves, original features and an enclosed cottage garden.
It is welcoming and comfortable for guests looking to enjoy this popular location - If you're looking for a charming country cottage from which to enjoy this beautiful area then Rose Cottage is certainly the one for you and dogs are accepted by prior arrangement.
- Featuring traditional beamed ceilings, a wood burning stove and comfortable leather sofas, the lounge is fantastic and homely with the addition of Sky TV and a DVD player.
- The fully fitted country kitchen is again set under original beams and is equipped with all self catering essentials.
- There is a spacious dining room with a wood fire and a utility room with laundry facilities.
- There is also a downstairs toilet.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- The ground floor bedroom has a King Size bed and en-suite shower room. The room is accessed via steps down from the lounge and has its own French doors leading onto a back patio.
- The first floor houses a further four bedrooms. There is one bedroom with a king size bed and en suite WC/shower. The largest room upstairs is a family room with a king size bed and a day bed with trundle (two singles) which has en suite shower, WC and bath and Satellite TV.
- A further single bedroom and a double bedroom (with king size bed) share access to a family bathroom with stand alone bath tub and a shower. There are two baths and four showers in total.
An enclosed garden surrounding the cottage has a patio area with outdoor seating and a BBQ for the summer months.
There is also plenty of space to park cars.
Other Things to Note
- Bed linen and towels are provided for your arrival.
- Please note that the cottage is strictly non-smoking.
- There is free Wi-Fi access throughout the cottage for guests to use during their stay.
Please contact us for details regarding short breaks.
Around and About
Rose Cottage is just a stroll away from the steam railway and has lovely views of the village and the moors all around.
Goathland has a variety of shops, pubs and cafes and of course Whitby is only a short hop by car, bus or steam train.
Walkers are truly spoiled for choice with the nearby Roman Road, Rail Trail, Mallyan Spout waterfall, the stepping stones at Darnholm or there is always Beck Hole for relaxing with a pie and a pint.