At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 luxury bathroom
- Home Cinema System
- 55" 3D TV, sports/movie channels
- Thirsk 5 minute drive away
- Luxury hot tub spa
- Short breaks (min 3 nights)
About Farriers Cottage with Hot Tub
One of two luxury cottages with hot tubs at Horseshoe Barns in the hamlet of Balk, Farriers Cottage is luxurious throughout and sits in a beautiful rural spot on the edge of the North York Moors, just a 5 minute drive from the market town of Thirsk. The perfect place to unwind, the cottage includes cutting edge features such as a Bose Home Cinema System, a large 3D TV with movie and sports channels and free WiFi.
A welcome pack is available on arrival and Farriers benefits from security gate access, with ample parking onsite. Scenic walks are direct from your door, and we're only a stone's throw from Sutton Bank visitor centre in the North York Moors. The Yorkshire Dales, Harrogate and the city of York are within easy driving distance. You can also reach us on telephone number 07748 596 149.
- Stylish open plan living space, luxuriously furnished with the highest standard of furnishings, fixtures and fittings.
- Lounge area with seating for up to 6 guests, 55" 3D TV with sports and movie channels (inclusive of iPod/ Android jack lead), a 3D Blu-ray DVD player and Bose sound system offering a superb cinema style viewing experience. A wide range of films are available including new releases, and 3D glass are provided.
- Beautifully designed dining kitchen with a Delonghi range style 5 ring cooker, an American style fridge freezer with ice maker, a dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, microwave, a Tassimo coffee maker, fine Denby crockery and all essential kitchen utensils and accessories - a kettle, toaster and hand blender.
- The solid oak dining table seats 6 guests - ideal for dining or enjoying a glass of wine with family or friends.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two bedrooms (both slightly larger than our other cottage Blacksmiths) - a double and a twin, with fine white bed linen and luxury mattresses. An extra memory foam sofa bed is in the lounge offering additional sleeping space for 2 guests.
- Luxury bathroom with white contemporary suite inclusive of a walk-in shower and relaxing roll top bath.
- Bathroom and hot tub towels, plus complimentary toiletries are all provided.
- Garden and picnic area.
- Luxury hot tub spa.
- Ample car parking.
- Welcome pack on arrival.
- Free WiFi.
- Security gate access.
- Iron and ironing board.
- Complimentary use of velour
- Dressing gowns supplied.
Short breaks, minimum 3 nights, are available.
Around and About
- The market town of Thirsk (3.5 miles) is only a 5 minute drive away and hosts twice weekly markets in the medieval market square. Attractions include The World of James Herriot and the Thirsk Museum. The cottages are ideal for Thirsk Racing getaways!
- A wealth of walking and cycling opportunities surround the luxury cottages in the North York Moors and the Yorkshire Dales.
- The City of York is only just over 20 miles away.
- Locations and attractions within easy reach - Kilburn village (3 miles), Harrogate (21 miles), Mouseman Visitors Centre, The White Horse, Lightwater Valley Theme Park, Activity Centres and Sutton Bank Visitor Centre in the North York Moors.
- Arriving from the East via Teesside A19 south, exit on the second turn off for Thirsk. Stay left for York, continue for around 1.5 miles, then take a left turn signposted for Bagby.
- Continue on through Bagby and at the T junction take a right turn for Balk. Carry on down a gently descending hill past York House Holiday Park. Then you've arrived at Horseshoe Barns, we have double fronted wooden gates on the left just after a small stream.
- Travelling from Thirsk, take the A170 road heading towards Scarborough. Continue following signs for York House Holiday Park, then as above.
- Travelling from York (22 miles away) get on to the A19 to Thirsk, continue for around 1.5 miles, just before Thirsk take a right turn for Bagby. Continue through Bagby village, then as above.
- From the North and South A1 - get on to the A168 Teesside, following signs for Thirsk. Take the A19 signed for York. Continue following the signs for York for about 1.5 miles, then take a left turn to Bagby village. Continue through the village then at the T junction as above. We look forward to welcoming you - Sat Nav-Balk postcode is YO7 2AQ - please note some Sat Nat systems may not direct you to the exact address.