At a Glance
- Spacious family/ double room
- Free WiFi
- Walkers Tea Room onsite
- Real log fires
- Evening meals
- Stunning rural location
- Packed lunches
About High Paradise Farm Bed and Breakfast
High Paradise Farm Bed and Breakfast in the North York Moors sits in a beautiful spot just north east of Thirsk, directly adjacent to the Cleveland Way and within easy reach of Helmsley. Stunning wild moorland is just behind the cottage and forestry is to the front. Numerous historic sites including Rievaulx Abbey sit nearby and we're a fantastic location for cycling, walking and horse riding, or simply relaxing in a wonderful National Park setting. One of the park's main visitor centres, Sutton Bank, is just 3 miles away! Free WiFi internet access is available and guests have use of a shared courtyard. We warmly welcome children and pets, and we have a Walkers Tea Room on the farm! Join us for a little 'piece of paradise' in the beautiful North York Moors. Self-catering cottage accommodation and camping are also available on the farm.
- The Dairy Room - a family room with a double bed and two single beds, a cosy real log fire and an ensuite shower room.
- Saddleback Room - with a double bed and a single bed plus an ensuite shower room.
- The Drovers Room - a king-size double bedroom with a private bathroom just across the hallway.
All rooms have flat-screen TVs, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryers and free WiFi. Pets and children are welcome.
Breakfast/Evening Meal/Tea Room
Our smallholding is only 4 miles from the nearest hostelry, however we offer hearty evening meals and a packed lunch if needed. The Walkers Tea Room is also onsite (open weekends off peak and from April to the end of September from Monday to Sunday). Relax in front of the Tea Room's log burner and try our delicious scones with home-made jam!
- Self-catering, pet friendly Forresters Cottage is also available to let from May (for short breaks and weekly bookings). Brimming with character, the cottage has two ensuite bedrooms - a twin and double, plus a convertible bed offering extra sleeping for 1 person downstairs and an additional shower room. A well equipped kitchen, a sitting room with woodburner (wood supplied free) and a large garden with BBQ are included. Please contact us separately to book the cottage.
- Semi wild camping is also available on the farm, perfect for walkers with our location directly alongside the Cleveland Way. Facilities available include hot and cold water, and evening meals, packed lunches and drying facilities are available on request with camping. Please call us direct to book in advance.
- Stabling for horses onsite
- Free parking
Check-in from 3pm to 9pm (early check-in is by request). Check-out by 10am on departure day (late check-out on request).
Around and About
- Thirsk, The Racecourse and The World of James Herriot are just minutes away
- Sutton Bank National Park Visitor Centre (3 miles)
- North York Moors Abbeys and castles - Rievaulx Abbey and Helmsley Castle
- The Yorkshire Dales National Park is within easy reach to the west
- High Paradise Farm is a charming traditional moorland farmhouse on a smallholiding in the Boltby area of the North York Moors.
- Bustling market town Thirsk is around 8 miles away.
- We're easily found by car. From Thirsk, on the A170 Scarborough Road after just under 1 mile take a left turn to Felixkirk.
- Carry on through Felixkirk, and on through Boltby. After about half a mile from Boltby you'll begin a climb up a steep hill.
- Halfway up there is a sign for High Paradise on the left hand side. Take a left at the sign, onto the single track road.
- The farm is about a mile along at the top of a hill - the farmhouse comes into view as your emerge out of some trees. We look forward to welcoming you!