At a Glance
- 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms
- Snooker room
- Enclosed walled garden
- Parking for 4 cars
- Former merchant's (smuggler's house!)
About The Normans Townhouse
A striking three storey townhouse in the centre of Wells-next-the-Sea on the Norfolk Coast, The Normans is perfect for large groups - either family groups or friends sharing - and is only a 2 minute stroll from the sea and harbour. Featuring a stunning rear garden with patio space, the house is a former wheat merchant's house (the merchant was also rumoured to be a smuggler). Quirky features include a little spy window at the top of the house (telescope included) which the merchant would have used to watch his boats come ashore. The house also apparently had tunnels running underneath it to several locations in the harbour town.
Magnificent coastal views look across to Holkham and Stiffkey, and the house interior is luxuriously furnished throughout with spacious bedrooms. Ample parking for four cars is onsite, and the house has a pretty enclosed walled garden with a petanque pit.
- Large hallway with original tiles, sitting room, snooker room, dining room with French doors onto the garden and kitchen.
- Double bedroom with a 6' bed and shower room adjoining.
- French windows onto patio area.
- Double bedroom with a 4'6 bed and en suite bathroom with shower over the bath.
- Twin bedroom with 3' beds, (3' guest bed underneath) and en suite bathroom with shower over the bath.
- Double bedroom with 5' bed and en suite bathroom with shower over the bath.
- Double bedroom with 6' bed and en suite. Twin bedroom with 3' beds, (3' guest bed underneath) and en suite bathroom with shower over the bath.
- Gas-fired central heating, open fire in sitting room.
- Electric oven with ceramic hob, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- TV, DVD player.
- Free WiFi internet access. (for leisure use only, please note the standard and speed of service is dependant on the owner/ provider)
- Travel cot and high chair available. No stairgate provided.
- Enclosed walled garden.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- Parking for 4 vehicles
Other Things to Note
- Families, children and baby welcome.
- Quirky period features - spy window at the top of the house
Short breaks available.
Around and About
- Wells-next-the-Sea harbour and town with fabulous cafes and seafood restaurants just a 2 minute stroll away.
- Wells Beach flanked by pine woods is within easy reach.
- Pick up The Wells & Walsingham Light Railway - one of Britain's greatest little narrow gauge railways.
- The Holkham Estate and award-winning beach are nearby.
- Numerous activities are available locally from cycling, coastal walking and nature reserves, to golf links, boat tours, fishing, kayaking and sailing.