At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Stunning period features
- Magnificent views
- 4 Star Gold Award
- Croquet lawn
- Cot and highchair
About Jenny's Croft
A 4 Star Gold award-winning barn restoration, Jenny's Croft is one of three beautiful cottages in a stunning traditional Cumbrian longhouse. The property nestles in the peaceful hamlet of Glassonby in the heart of the Eden Valley. Penrith and Carlisle are within easy reach and the Lake District National Park, the Yorkshire Dales and the North Pennines AONB are all close by. The barn has been recently renovated to great effect, featuring old ship timber oak beams, character oak mullion windows, open fireplaces and attractive flagged stone flooring. The property dates back to the 1600s and boasts wonderful old fashioned door heights, beautiful stone staircases, stone walls, arched openings and pretty terraced gardens.
- Magnificent cathedral ceiling entrance hall.
- Sitting room with feature double sided cast iron fire which opens on the other side in the dining room. Large LCD TV, DVD player and an iPod dock.
- Spacious breakfasting kitchen with American fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, hob and a separate electric oven.
- Double bedroom with stunning antique oak carved bed and an en-suite bathroom containing a cast iron bath with shower on riser.
- Bedroom with zip and link beds which can be either a twin or a double bedroom, with an en-suite shower.
- Sandstone terrace situated to the rear accessed via the kitchen/utility room with steps leading up to the croquet lawn area.
- Weber BBQ, attractive eco-friendly teak garden furniture and a croquet set.
Other Things to Note
- WiFi internet access.
- Cots and highchairs available.
Short breaks (minimum 2 nights).
Around and About
- Fabulous scenic walks from your door along the banks of the River Eden.
- A village shop and two fine inns are in nearby Kirkoswald just 1.5 miles away.
- Great pub walks in the area to local Cumbrian inns including the acclaimed Shepherd's Inn serving fine food and beers at nearby Melmerby.