At a Glance
- 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
- Woodburning stoves
- Grade II Listed, 5 Star Gold
- Original features
About Glassonby Old Hall
A spectacular Grade II Listed, 5 Star Gold traditional long house, Glassonby Old Hall just north east of Penrith is one of three luxurious properties adjoining the hall. Ideally placed for exploring Carlisle, Penrith, the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and the North Pennines, the property is easily reached off the M6, junction 40. A choice of walks are direct from the hall along the Eden River, leading to Lacey's Cave and the Long Meg Stone Circle, England's second largest stone circle. The pretty village of Melmerby with a fine inn serving food, a village bakery and shop are just over 1 mile from the Hall. Bikes are also available to hire onsite, with maps available highlighting local cycling trails. Glassonby sits alongside the C2C cycle route.
A magnificent old hall, 1 of 3 properties at Glassonby dating from the 1600s, furnished with antiques and brimming with original features including old ship timber oak beams and oak mullion windows, open fires, stone staircases and flagged stone flooring.
- Sandstone flagged and galleried dining room with a huge feature stone fireplace. The dining hall has double doors opening onto a sandstone terrace leading into the garden.
- Sitting room with cast iron woodburner, a large breakfasting kitchen with four oven Aga, utility and store room and a ground floor cloak room.
- The Daleraven Room is a double bedroom with 5' king size bed and a wc and shower room with original sandstone walled well preserved below the glass flooring.
- The Master Bedroom suite is accessed along the oak gallery and contains a 5' four poster bed and an en suite bathroom with separate rainfall shower.
- The Addingham Room has a 5' carved antique bed.
- The Salkeld twin bedroom has two 3' beds.
- These bedrooms are located next to the family bathroom which has a cast iron bath and separate rainfall shower.
- Two wood burning stoves, oak and sandstone flag flooring with underfloor heating.
- Oil-fired four oven Aga, electric hob and separate oven, microwave, American fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Large screen LCD TV, DVD player, ipod docking system.
- Free broadband WiFi internet access.
- Pay telephone.
- Heated towel rails in all bathrooms.
- Cots and high chairs available.
- Weber barbecue, sustainable plantation teak garden furniture.
Short breaks, minimum 2 nights, available.
Around and About
- C2C cycle route adjacent
- Melmerby village with an inn, bakery and village shop (1.5 miles)
- Ullswater (8 miles)
- Penrith and Carlisle within easy driving distance or short taxi ride