At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Original features & antiques
- Terraced gardens, BBQ
- Short breaks
About Elk Cottage
Award-winning 4 Star Gold Elk Cottage in the Eden Valley is one of three stunning period properties at Glassonby Old Hall near Penrith. Brimming with original features including old ship timber oak beams and oak mullion windows, this charming cottage retreat is surrounded by terraced gardens and fields, and is furnished with fine antiques. A croquet field is onsite and water is solar power heated!
A wealth of walks are direct from your door along the River Eden, heading towards Lacey's Caves, Long Meg Stone Circle and Melmerby village with a fine inn serving food and village shops. The location is perfect for activity holidays and exploring. Bikes are available to hire onsite, and the Hall sits adjacent to the C2C trail. The Lake District, the North Pennines AONB and the Yorkshire Dales are all right on your doorstep.
- An entrance hall with oak flooring opens into the sitting room with an adjoining dining area.
- Facilities in the dining room include a large screen LCD TV, DVD player, ipod docking system.
- A spacious oak fitted kitchen with breakfast/ dining table.
- A separate utility area are also on the ground floor, inclusive of laundry facilities and a wc.
- Facilities in the kitchen include an electric hob, separate oven, microwave, American fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine/ tumble dryer.
- Master bedroom containing an antique linen fold carved bed plus an en-suite bathroom with a cast iron bath and shower on riser.
- Twin bedroom with en-suite containing a powerful 'rain' shower and wc.
- A pretty sandstone terrace area to the rear of the cottage is accessible from the kitchen/ utility room which has steps up to a croquet lawn area.
- Broadband WiFi internet access.
- Pay telephone.
- Cots and high chairs available.
- Dogs are welcome in Elk Cottage
The Cottage is surrounded by extensive terraced gardens, fields and a croquet lawn. A Weber barbecue, sustainable plantation teak garden furniture and a croquet set are all provided.
Short breaks, minimum 2 nights, are available.Kiroswald/ village shop 1.5 miles.
Around and About
- Beautiful Eden Valley location. Kirkoswald with village shop
- Within walking distance of Malmerby village with a fine inn serving food.
- Adjacent to the C2C trail/ bike hire, locks, helmets and cycle maps available onsite.
- Penrith and Carlisle are within easy reach.
- Gateway to the North Pennines AONB, the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales.
- Easy access off the M6.