At a Glance
- 7 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms
- High speed WiFi
- Grade II Listed
- Magnificent fell views
- Cot and highchair
- Short breaks
About Hause Hall Farm and The Cruik Barn
Offering the ultimate Lakeland accommodation and location for groups, 5 Star Hause Hall Farm and The Cruik Barn nestle at the southern end of Ullswater in Martindale. Magnificent fell views surround the property in this hidden away area of the Lake District which is still within easy reach of amenities and attractions around 'England's most beautiful lake' Ullswater.
Hause Hall Farm and The Cruik Barn are two of a selection of Grade II Listed properties in the area. The two are linked across a quaint traditional paved stone terrace and both offer all the comforts of home, with wonderful features including cast iron open fireplaces, roll top baths and four oven Aga. High speed internet access is included and Hause Hall is only a short stroll from the Howtown Hotel with in-house walkers bar, open to non-residents for fine food and drink. A scenic country lane also leads direct from this group accommodation to the Michelin starred Sharrow Bay hotel.
Guests should note, The Cruik Barn is as yet not let as an individual property.
Hause Hall Farm (sleeps 10 guests)
- Spacious living areas - open plan dining, sitting and kitchen areas, plus a Day room with glorious views, utility room, cloakroom with a wc.
- The Rampsgill room - a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom featuring a walk-in large rainfall shower and a cast iron roll top bath.
- Zip and link 5' bed can be a twin if preferred.
- Master bedroom extending the full length of the Upper Barn, with floor to ceiling windows and fabulous views towards Hallin Fell. 6' solid antique oak bed and en-suite shower and a bathroom with a cast iron roll top bath plus a separate rainfall shower. En-suite dressing room featuring an antique oak chest of drawers offering ample storage space.
- The Martindale room - a double bedroom with a 5' bed and en-suite wet room shower. This room has charming handmade oak storage cupboards each side of a lime plastered chimney breast.
- The Sandwick room - a twin room with 3' beds plus a private bathroom just across the hall, flooded with natural light from a conservation rooflight window which opens out to the fells.
- The Bannerdale room - with attractive dark oak furnishings and contrast crisp lime wash decor. All inclusive Egyptian cotton linen. 6' zip and link bed can be a twin if preferred. En-suite shower bathroom with cast iron roll top bath and a separate rainfall shower.
The Cruik Barn (sleeps 4)
- Serving as complimentary accommodation to the farmhouse - the two combined are perfect for large gatherings and extended family groups.
- The barn has a breafasting kitchen with basic essential facilities, a private reception area with cosy open fire and its own private sandstone terrace area.
- The Boredale room with 5' zip and link bed which can be a twin if preferred. Private en-suite bathroom with a cast iron bath plus a separate shower and hand held shower with bath.
- The Beda room just across a spacious first floor gallery seating area. This bedroom has a 5' antique oak bed plus an en-suite with rainfall shower.
Equipment for Hause Hall Farm:
- Central heating provided by ground source heat pump with underfloor heating downstairs and radiators in the bedrooms.
- Gas fired four-oven Aga and separate gas hob with an electric oven. Microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- LCD TV, DVD, iPod dock.
- Satellite broadband WiFi.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
Equipment for The Cruik Barn:
- Central heating is provided by ground source heat pump with underfloor heating downstairs and radiators in the bedrooms.
- Electric hob and an electric oven, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- 32" TV in the sitting room. DVD, iPod dock.
- Broadband WiFi.
- One cot and high chair.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
Short breaks (minimum 2 nights) available.
Around and About
- Ullswater lake - boat trips, lakeside walks
- Attractions around Ullswater include Dalemain House and Gardens
- Some of the Lake District's most spectacular fell walking territory surrounds the property
- A hotel with bar and a Michelin starred hotel restaurant (all open to non-residents) are within walking distance
- The Farm and Barn are ideally located for exploring the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales National Park