At a Glance
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Enclosed garden
- Woodburning stove
- Single storey
- Cot and highchair
- Four oven AGA
About this Holiday Cottage
Spacious and appointed to a very high standard, single storey East Lodge sleeping 8 is a stunning barn conversion in the Lower Wensleydale area of the Yorkshire Dales. The property is set within its own 30 acres of grass and woodland grounds, and is accessed down a 200m private drive. It sits in an elevated position and has stunning rural views. Pubs and shops in the village centre are a short stroll away and East Lodge is only 4 miles off the A1, and 10 miles from East Coast mainline rail links. Popular market towns Leyburn, Richmond and Masham are all just 8 miles away.
On the Ground Floor:-
- Open plan living areas - a sitting room with a woodburning stove, ample comfortable seating and an adjoining dining area with exposed beams, stone and brickwork plus oak flooring. A door opens out to the enclosed lawned garden.
- A sunny Conservatory has a southerly aspect, with access out to a private courtyard with outdoor furniture.
- The spacious kitchen is fully fitted with a four oven cream AGA, an electric hob and combi oven, a breakfast bar and a relaxing family space with a TV. The kitchen, utility and cloakroom with wc all have tiled floors.
Each bedroom is carpeted, and there is a main house bathroom with a whirlpool bath and a separate shower unit.
- Master bedroom with a 6' bed and an en-suite wet room/ shower.
- Double bedroom with a 5' bed and an en-suite wet room.
- Double bedroom with a 5' bed and feature beams.
- Twin bedroom with 3' beds.
Enclosed garden with outdoor furniture. Onsite parking.
Other Things to Note
- Geothermal underfloor heating is throughout and the property has a cosy woodburner
- Two TVs, a DVD and a CD player are included
- WiFi internet access (for leisure use only. Service and standard of internet access is dependent on the owner provider)
- A cot and highchair are available
- Bike storage happily arranged on request
Short breaks - minimum 2 nights - available.
Around and About
East Lodge is perfectly placed for activities, beauty spots and attractions in the Yorkshire Dales. Castles, Abbeys, Aysgarth Falls, Thirsk/ Catterick and Ripon Racecourses, first class golf and numerous walking and cycling opportunities are within easy reach.