At a Glance
- 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms
- Cot and high chair
- Restaurants nearby
- Short breaks (min 2 night stay)
- Spectacular fell views
- Ullswater within walking distance
About this Holiday Cottage
Idyllically situated half way up Hallin Fell, Hause Hall Farm sits at the southern end of Ullswater lake in Martindale and boasts magnificent fell views. Spectacular walking territory beloved by the lakeland fell walker Wainwright surrounds you, and this traditional farmstead is perfect for walking and activity groups, or large family groups with 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. A hotel restaurant and bar open to non-residents and a further Michelin starred hotel restaurant are within walking distance. Book Hause Hall Farm separately to accommodate 10 guests, or together with adjacent Cruik Barn to sleep up to 14 guests.
- Spacious open plan living space including sitting, dining and kitchen areas, a day room with glorious views, a utility room and cloakroom with wc.
- The Rampsgill room - a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom containing a walk-in rainfall shower and large full sized cast iron roll top bath. The double bedroom has zip and link beds which can be a twin if preferred.
- Kitchen with gas fired 4 oven Aga, a separate electric oven, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Sitting room with an LCD TV, DVD player and an iPod dock.
- Master bedroom spanning the full length of th Upper Barn area with floor to ceiling windows looking out towards Hallin Fell, with feature solid antique oak bed and an en-suite shower and bathroom containing a cast iron roll top bath. The rainfall shower is separate. This room also has an en-suite dressing room offering ample storage with charming antique oak chest of drawers.
- The Martindale Room - a double bedroom with an en-suite wet room shower and stunning handmade oak storage cupboards positioned either side of a lime plastered chimney breast.
- The Sandwick room - a twin with private bathroom just across the hall featuring a conservation rooflight window which opens out onto the fells.
- The Bannerdale room - with attractive dark oak furnishings and contrast lime wash decor. This room has zip and link beds which can be a twin if preferrred, plus an en-suite bathroom/ shower with cast iron roll top bath and a separate rainfall shower.
- Central heating is from a ground source heat pump.
- The property has underfloor heating downstairs and radiators are inclusive in each bedroom.
- WiFi internet access.
- A cot and high chair are available.
- Garden furniture and a BBQ are provided.
Short breaks available, minimum 2 night stays.
Around and About
A choice of walks are from your door into the fells around Ullswater. The lake is within walking distance, and the farmstead is within easy reach of Dalemain House and Gardens, Acorn Garden and Watermill, Appleby Castle and the Settle Carlisle Railway.