At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Enclosed garden & BBQ
- Pub & shop nearby
- Cosy woodburner
- Former 19thC apple store
- Short breaks (min 2 nights)
About Apple Store Cottage
Luxurious and brimming with character, Apple Store at Slingsby Heights near Malton is a 19th century detached cottage formerly used as an apple store in an old orchard just to the south of the property. The cottage also served as a stables for horses from the nearby barracks at Hovingham village. Accommodation is spacious and beautifully appointed, accommodating up to 4 guests with ease, and with a private courtyard and parking. You'll have inclusive access to 11 acres of surrounding land featuring the orchard, a kitchen garden and a croquet lawn. Amenities including a village inn and shop are within easy walking distance.
- An entrance hall
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom containing a hand-held spray attrachment.
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower.
- A central landing area perfect as a study.
- Well equipped modern kitchen with a dining table. Appliances include a fridge, freezer, dishwasher, a washing machine and tumble dryer, electric double oven and hob.
- Sitting room with cosy log burner, TV with Freeview channels, DVD and CD player, video.
Courtyard and enclosed garden area with furniture and a barbecue available during spring and summer months.
Other Things to Note
- Oil central heating and a woodburner.
- Travel cot, stairgate and highchair all available.
- Pets welcome.
- Access to 11 acres.
Short breaks, minimum 2 nights. available.
Around and About
- Village shop and pub nearby.
- Only minutes from Malton and Pickering (pick up the North Yorkshire Moors Railway at Pickering).
- York is within 20 miles. An ideal gateway to the Moors and Coast.